New Member Area Are you new?? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

H3 Alpha

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 04:52 AM
Default H3 Alpha

Good morning from Miami. Just bought a 2008 H3 Alpha two days ago, with 176,000 miles. Yeah, I am kind of crazy, but I wanted the V8 and I didn't see many of those for sale in SoFlo, so I decided to take the high mileage plunge. Need to sort out the sunroof drain tubes as the right side carpet is wet, and the OEM battery terminals.

Old 02-17-2019, 07:49 PM

Other plans for the truck also include:
- lowering it a bit. No plans to take it off road in Miami, but I may need to wade flooded streets every now and then
- install smaller diameter tires when the current 315s wear out. Also need quieter ones.
- figure out a way to make the rear hatch and spare tire shake less
- make it ride softer by changing the front springs and rear leaves
- change the interior carpet. IF ANYONE HAS GREY CARPET FOR SALE PLEASE LET ME KNOW

Over the longer term, maybe freshen up the engine a bit as it has 176K miles.

A far fetched dream is to remove the FWD system, and install a newer RWD transmission. Anyone done this?

Old 02-17-2019, 08:26 PM

Welcome to the forum, your 3 looks good, keep it the way it is..... maybe just get rid of the mud flaps ��

Old 07-31-2019, 10:27 AM

Make sure to figure them out asap! I live in WA and had a major issue recently that I resolved. The car was leaking into the h3 engine brain on the passenger side. All of my electronics stopped working when it was pouring down rain. Also all the water was getting stuck inside the dash. What a damn nightmare, but I was able to make the tube that drains out bigger and havent had any issues sense. Good luck brother

Old 08-05-2019, 03:26 PM

Nice Alpha, looks like new

Old 08-05-2019, 07:51 PM
Old 08-06-2019, 06:35 AM

Soaked BCM, Now he is selling it!
I can't imagine the electrical gremlins this thing has now.
BUYER BEWARE!

Originally Posted by Coolvibes
so I decided to take the high mileage plunge. Need to sort out the sunroof drain tubes as the right side carpet is wet, and the OEM battery terminals.

Old 08-08-2019, 07:09 PM

Yes I agree, the buyer should always beware of what they are buying, and should always have a professional mechanic inspect the vehicle. So if any out of towners are interested, I have nothing to hide, and would recommend that route. So far I have encountered no electrical gremlins.

Tainter, what are the symptoms of a soaked BCM?

Old 08-09-2019, 09:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Coolvibes
Yes I agree, the buyer should always beware of what they are buying, and should always have a professional mechanic inspect the vehicle. So if any out of towners are interested, I have nothing to hide, and would recommend that route. So far I have encountered no electrical gremlins.

Tainter, what are the symptoms of a soaked BCM?
Somebody with free time should compile that long list of wet BCM symptoms.

Can be like 100 different things, one by itself, or several at the same time. Examples: wipers going on or off randomly, dash lights flickering, door chimes going off intermittently, door open messages, interior lights not working correctly, door locks switching, headlights/tail lights not working correctly, parasitic draws on the battery..... Just scratched the surface there.

That is all for the H3 section as technical stuff is not supposed to be posted here.

Old 08-10-2019, 10:16 PM
Default H3 Alpha soon to be checked off the bucket list

Hello. I'm finally looking to check this item off my bucket list and get a Hummer. Looking at a couple H3 Alpha's.

Been driving for 30+ years all over the world. Mostly on tarmac and high ways.

What should first be looking for?

What type of tires should i have with 90/10% on/off roading.

All input much appreciated.

J.

Quick Reply: H3 Alpha