PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

THCI Event - AM General Off-Road Course & Silver Lake Sand Dunes Oct 24, 25

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Default THCI Event - AM General Off-Road Course & Silver Lake Sand Dunes Oct 24, 25

This event isn't posted on the website yet but it should be up in the next few days. The event will be held on October 24, 25, 2008 and WoodField Hummer from Schaumberg IL has stepped up to sponsor the event with their technician. More details to come... stay tuned and sign up early - this will be a capped event for truck count.

If you are not a Hummer Club Member, you can join this event, or any HCI event for $10 above the event fees. Annual Membership is $65.

Old 08-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: THCI Event - AM General Test Track & Silver Lake Sand Dunes Oct 24, 25

Awesome brud. [sm=smiley20.gif]I am working on finding a way to do it. I might be able to drag along a friend or two as well?

Ghostrider LMK if you can too.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Default RE: THCI Event - AM General Test Track & Silver Lake Sand Dunes Oct 24, 25

I might just join you guys at the dunes.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Come on Ockie. If you and I get in the oil futures market, and make some bucks, we both could afford the gas for the found trip from SE MI, to S Bend IN, to W MI, and back?

Old 08-15-2008, 07:05 PM

It is true and I will have it up on the Club's website by Monday as an event but registration probably won't be up for a week or so. You can certainly thank Woodfield Hummer for stepping up to the plate. The big issue was the $3,500 track fee to AM General that we have been trying to solve for over a month and Woodfield solved it or at least most of it. Thanks Woodfield. There are still some guys going to get together sometime in September and run the Badlands but it will not be an official Club event and there will be no mechanical support. If I find out more I will let you know.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:41 PM

well...... there is a track entry fee, but that wasn't the thing that was holding us up..... We need dealership support from a technician, as AM General has stated all HCI events will have Technician support.... unfourtunatly, some events go without because the person running the event isn't able to get local dealers to step up to the plate - AM General even supports some events such as Windrock.

Bottom line is.... I called over 10 dealerships, in and around the SouthBend / Michigan areas. Woodfield, a dealership I personally have never worked with before, stood up and was willing to lend us a technician for both days and possibly more - those details are still being worked out. I am still working on the registration information and costs. When I have that solidified I will pass that along to be posted on the site.... I believe this is an event that you won't want to miss!!!

Old 08-17-2008, 06:24 AM

This is the week after the Windrock event so I may be able to make it.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Woodfield Hummer is only about 30 minutes from me. I've dealt with them in the past when looking for my H3. They have some good people there. I'm glad to hear they are stepping in.

Old 08-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Looks good for a go!! Cleared with family, just sorting out work obligations. I may be sending you a PM phazer about a few more details over the weekend. I will check back at THC events board time to time. Any idea what the cap # is??

Thanks

Old 08-20-2008, 09:41 PM

honestly..... it depends on the participation.... AM General has a tiered payment system, if you are up to 40 trucks you pay one and up to 60 you pay another fee. So, its 60 trucks, but if there are 35 signing up by October............. don't really know yet... still trying to figure all of that out as this is an innaugral event..... absolute max is 60 HUMMERS of course

The full registration should be posted onto the website by mid next week....

Quick Reply: THCI Event - AM General Off-Road Course & Silver Lake Sand Dunes Oct 24, 25