PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 Magnaflow exhaust drone! And oh yes.... I love my 2007 H3!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 08:45 PM
Default H3 Magnaflow exhaust drone! And oh yes.... I love my 2007 H3!

First things first.... I think my 2007 H3 is the coolest ride I have owned in a long time! I love it. I traded my 03 Vette for it in December 06. Problem is I want to go faster, sound cool and still be spoiled by the comfy quiet interior of my H3. So I yanked off the stock exhaust and installed a new Magnaflow dual-tip system with the pre-muffler included. Sounds bitchen right? Yes it did..... Out the back. Remember, I loved my new comfy quiet H3 interior. Well, at 68 to 75 MPH, the low frequency drone of the new exhaust drove me nuts! I drove for 600 miles one day on the freeways of Texas and Louisiana and went crazy. Next move; pulled out the Magnaflow pre-muff and slipped back in the OEM pre-muff. Drone sound was reduced, but I still wanted my quiet ride back. Ripped out the remaining pieces of the Magnaflow and put the original H3 system back in. Ah..... quiet again. But hey, I'm a guy and am never satisfied with good enough, gotta change it right? That's what guys do, bottom line. So I drive my quiet H3 to the dealer today to get the oil changed and the H3 drivers-side lean fixed. I see a new 2007 H3 on the lot with dual-tip exhaust sticking out the ***-end. I lay under the rig and see the letters GM PERFORMANCE stamped into the muffler! No pre-muffler, straight pipe from the cat, over the axle and into the S.S. badass muffler, two S.S. tips with H3 etched onto them. Look under the hood, GM PERFORMANCE air intake system..... Cool! Look on the window sticker..... $2700 USD dealer option, WOW. Sounds cool.... the dealer says "Come back later and you can drive it to see if you like it". OK..... long story, I know. Have not drove it on the freeway yet, will try it in the next couple of days and let you know how it sounds. Has anyone found an aftermarket exhaust system that does not have a low frequency drone on the freeway at 70 MPH? Hey, this forum is way cool.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:57 PM
Default RE: H3 Magnaflow exhaust drone! And oh yes.... I love my 2007 H3!

Welcome! Lets see some pics of your current ride. I am interested in your evaluation of the GM performance stuff. I too enjoy the "quiet" ride of my '07 H3, but have been debating adding a different CAI and exhaust system, but have been concerned over increase in noise etc. I will appreciate your feedback on the factory stuff. I'm sure it's not as cheap as the competition, but may be what I am after, and is guaranteed to fit.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:17 PM

ORIGINAL: littlehummerboy

Welcome! Lets see some pics of your current ride. I am interested in your evaluation of the GM performance stuff. I too enjoy the "quiet" ride of my '07 H3, but have been debating adding a different CAI and exhaust system, but have been concerned over increase in noise etc. I will appreciate your feedback on the factory stuff. I'm sure it's not as cheap as the competition, but may be what I am after, and is guaranteed to fit.
That's a big DITTO for me too. The only reason I haven't purchased an aftermarket exhaust is because of my concern over increased cabin noise. Dennis has a Gibson exhaust and he seems to like it and the price is relatively low. I'm going to look into it.

Old 02-19-2007, 10:58 PM

The factory "performance" exhaust you are referring to is made by Corsa. I'm sure you are familiar with the company seeing how you had a Corvette. They are a quality product, look nice, sound great, and can be purchased a helluva lot cheaper than any stealer can sell them to you for. Do some looking around online and you'll be glad you did. Hope this helps and keep us posted on your results.

P.S. What did you do with the Magnaflow??? I might be interested...

Chris

Old 02-20-2007, 12:05 AM

Tiger....How does the Corsa sound when your are inside of the Hummer. Does it create a lot of cabin noise?

Old 02-20-2007, 12:19 AM

I left it at my buddies muffler shop. I will see if he saved it for me. Might be in pieces though. Will get back to you when I find out. I was not that impressed with the quality of it compared to the B&B system I put on my Vette. I think B&B is a hell of alot better exhaust system as far as build/material quality. Would not buy another Magnaflow system for my next hotrodI build.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:23 AM

ORIGINAL: RutDogg

Tiger....How does the Corsa sound when your are inside of the Hummer. Does it create a lot of cabin noise?
It has a refined sound inside... but definitely a bit meaner than stock. No real resonance to speak of. It's a nice system.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Fever4Speed

I left it at my buddies muffler shop. I will see if he saved it for me. Might be in pieces though. Will get back to you when I find out. I was not that impressed with the quality of it compared to the B&B system I put on my Vette. I think B&B is a hell of alot better exhaust system as far as build/material quality. Would not buy another Magnaflow system for my next hotrodI build.
Ok... let me know if you don't mind. I had B&B's on my C5 also. I liked the sound outside, but I thought they had a lot of resonance inside. Not as bad as the Borla Stingers I had on my '02 Z06 with long tube headers mind you, but still annoying to me at certain rpm's. I have the Magnaflow's on my '03 M3 and they sound really great! No resonance at all and a mean, sophisticated sound at WOT. I'm disappointed to hear that their system for the H3 is not up to snuff... but I would be interested in hearing them myself if your system isn't in pieces and can be used.

Chris

Old 02-20-2007, 09:05 AM

I just added some pics to my Gallery..... I will post more of the H3 over the weekend. I tossed a couple pics of my other toys in for now. I am a big Jeep Jamboree fan, have done the Palo Duro Canyon run for the past 10 years. What a blast! Check out the shots of my Wrangler.

Old 02-20-2007, 10:19 PM

www.SFXPerformance.com has some resonators that are rated as "ultra quiet" that you could have tried installing. I am putting one on my trailblazer to get rid of that "garbage can trapped beneath it" look that it has stock! I will let you know if it is as quiet as they clame (I am hoping for as quiet as stock).

[IMG]local://upfiles/1479/A472E48F2C2843309A42DBDA54BC64DD.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1479/A7B6279B3BE7487EAA2D65F65CF1937C.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: H3 Magnaflow exhaust drone! And oh yes.... I love my 2007 H3!