Hummer H3T The popular H3 gets the added capabilties of a small pick-up, with the look and performance of the original H3.

Sugarphreaks Custom Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Default Sugarphreaks Custom Bumper

So after many months of trying to make an old crappy bumper I bought from Road Armor work, I ended up just rebuilding the damn thing for around 1500$ which sadly I had to pay for all by myself (Road Armor was supposed to help me).

So anyway, here are some of the before and after pictures:

Picture #1 (BEFORE)... the old crappy Road Armor logo and the gaping hole where the winch should be (but doesn't fit due to bad design).

Picture #2 (BEFORE)... it didn't take long for the rust to show up. Only a few months, when it started surfacing it quickly turned into a cancer and made the entire bumper look like it belonged in the scrapyard (Yes the bumper has a warranty... but Road Armor refuses to honor it)

Anyway, onto the after pictures.

So after fixing all the problems with the bumper... the first thing that we removed was the Road Armor logo. Last thing I want is to keep advertising for them.

We replaced it with this:

You can see the new Rhino Liner coating which looks fantastic and is much more durable than a powder coat. This is really the way to go with these kinds of bumpers.

BTW if you can't tell is actually this... a lemon (photochop)

Also added was a skid plate so the radiator was one again protected, some tabs for lighting... and a crap load of rework to actually make a winch fit into the damn thing. So I officially have the most expensive Hummer bumper ever.... final cost was well over 5000$ for everything, a large chunk mostly due to rework due to Road Armor's stupid design and defective coating which they refused to warranty.

So this is the final result, so happy it is finally fixed to my satisfaction.

As much as I am happy with it now... I could never ever recommend this bumper to anybody. lol

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 05-09-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:45 PM

I commend you for making lemonade out of lemons. Turned out very nice. Sorry for the headache and thanks for the warning about *that company*