PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help!!! Just installed off road grill lamps- not working.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Default Need help!!! Just installed off road grill lamps- not working.

hello yesterday i just installed my new off road grill lamps P/N 19159112 on my 2009 H3T

and nothing is working. i exactly fallowed every step in the instructions. dubble checked each step each time.

one thing i am noticing is the switch is not iluminated with the truck lights switched on.

i dont know what its not working. i did exactly what it says per the instructions. PLEASE PLEASE HELP. i bought it from the internet hummer parts online. http://www.hummerpartsonline.com/ind...rtnum=19159112 which it is a certified GM internet dealer.

do this have warrenty. and if i take it to the dealer will they charge me for the repair or trouble shooting.

Old 01-01-2010, 07:11 PM

If the switch is not illuminating that means you likely have a blown fuse, a short or a loose ground. If it was me I would start by checking the fuses... if the fuse is fine then move on to checking out your ground. If it is a short when you replace the fuse it will just blow again.

(btw, is this is an after market switch or the OEM switch for the OEM fog lights too?)

Old 01-02-2010, 10:04 AM

it is all OEM

Old 08-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Default Question about these lights

Are these lights plug & play? Is there a factory pigtail or wire harness thats already in that area to just plug these lights into?

Also, in regards to the switch...I noticed in my H3 that there are 2 small circular plastic peices on the dash, under the stero and AC controls....is this where a switch would be factory installed? What's behind it?

I'm interested in purchasing some auxillary lights and would love if the wire harness' were already there and I could just tap into them.

Please advise.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:30 PM

the 2 small circular pieces below the stereo an A/C are where the buttons would go to activate the front and rear locking differentials if you H3T were the adventure edition.

Originally Posted by jeffwhiteis
Are these lights plug & play? Is there a factory pigtail or wire harness thats already in that area to just plug these lights into?

Also, in regards to the switch...I noticed in my H3 that there are 2 small circular plastic peices on the dash, under the stero and AC controls....is this where a switch would be factory installed? What's behind it?

I'm interested in purchasing some auxillary lights and would love if the wire harness' were already there and I could just tap into them.

Please advise.

Old 08-14-2010, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by kls4477
the 2 small circular pieces below the stereo an A/C are where the buttons would go to activate the front and rear locking differentials if you H3T were the adventure edition.
No the locker buttons are to the right of the 4x4 ones, the 2 he mentioned are/were for the off road lights. On 09 & 10 adv packs one of those spaces is used for the TC/Stab button the other can still be used for lights.

jeffwhiteis- the lights come w/ the wiring that you need to install them. search around I know I've seen an install thread on one of the forums.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:27 AM

Ouote...do this have warrenty. and if i take it to the dealer will they charge me for the repair or trouble shooting.

I would recoomend someone with electrcal ability to trace out your problem...Dealer rarely does anything for free.