PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3T stereo upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2012, 05:21 PM
Default H3T stereo upgrade

My H3T came with the 6 speaker Monsoon system. OK, however all of the speakers are paper! I just had a new system installed. A Kenwood 419 touchscreen with dvd, front ipod iphone jack, usb port and SeriusXM radio. I had two 6x9, two 6.5 and two front post tweeters installed (All high end Clarion). Well I had massive high end, however the lows were all gone. To solve the problem I installed a 1/2 inch spacer into the front 6.5s and door panel clearance was fine. The rear speakers were a different story though. Long story short, I used the old speaker housings and used a dremel tool to gut them. The 6x9 was cut out for it's 1/2 inch spacer, and another 1/2 spacer for it's tweeter and stock placement. Now I have more than stock, 1 inch of air for the front and rear speakers. The rear door panel will not seal all the way in the corner near the speaker, but closes fine when the door is shut. Even without the stereo upgrade, this speaker upgrade is a must! This system sounds so nice now it's amazing! I hopefully can add some pics later to clarify the project.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:28 PM

Here are a few pics of the new system. I am new to these boards so hopefully it will work...

Attached Thumbnails H3T stereo upgrade-025.jpg   H3T stereo upgrade-028.jpg   H3T stereo upgrade-029.jpg   H3T stereo upgrade-026.jpg  
Old 04-18-2012, 06:52 PM

What dash kit is that?

Old 04-18-2012, 09:22 PM

My truck is an adventure package with front and rear lockers? Is that what you mean? Or maybe you are asking about the dash itself. It came with my truck and it's just brushed stainless look plastic. The stereo was installed with it's factory Kenwood install kit.

Old 04-19-2012, 12:44 AM

Solid, it looks like a Scosche kit. They have a very nice fit and finish over most of the others.

Old 04-19-2012, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Solid, it looks like a Scosche kit. They have a very nice fit and finish over most of the others.
Thanks Tainter, I believe you are correct. I wasn't too sure the question...

Old 04-30-2012, 12:44 AM

Eurica! So I have found a product for the rear of H3Ts. It is a Kicker Hideaway which includes an 8" sub and 150 watt RMS amp in one small package. It also has a manual dial to turn it from 0 to 11, for energy, or when you don't need any bass. Cost is $300 bucks, but with these trucks, there are VERY few options. This will fit under your passenger rear seat just by removing the jack. It fits with no mods at all and can be wired to any factory system. I installed two, which required to remount to jack a few inches forward. I also cut some foam out of the top of the hump for more clearance.

I just did this install and I have not yet wired the system up. With that being said, all of the product reviews on this sub have been great and I can't wait to hear the sound! No stereo companies had a solution for this tiny compartment to add a sub, other than a custom fiberglass box, plus subs, plus amp, for big money.

Also, if you make a custom lock for your jack, there is no way to get this box out! Without removing that or the rear seats, it would take a huge pain to steal. After install everything looks factory stock.

I have had Kicker products in the past and never had a problem with them. All of my friends have highly recommended them. I will keep you posted when the wires are connected!

Attached Thumbnails H3T stereo upgrade-100_2386.jpg   H3T stereo upgrade-100_2390.jpg   H3T stereo upgrade-100_2393.jpg   H3T stereo upgrade-100_2384.jpg  
Old 04-30-2012, 10:19 AM

Sound Ordnance B-8PT Single 8" Amplified Flatsub

Old 04-30-2012, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Thank you for the heads up just picked one up from amazon.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:32 PM

Sweet Solid JJ! How does it sound? Are you running them off an amp or do they have them internal? So many few options to make our trucks have some real sound! Again looks great!

Quick Reply: H3T stereo upgrade