Hummer H3T The popular H3 gets the added capabilties of a small pick-up, with the look and performance of the original H3.

Fixing up our H3T Phase 1: Power seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 12:00 PM
Default Fixing up our H3T Phase 1: Power seats

Starting with a base I5 Auto H3T. Cloth manual seats. I picked up a pair of 2006 H3 power leather front seats. The seats bolt in no problem but the rear mount is different. I won't be able to use existing trim covers and I didn't get these pieces with the new seats. On each side I have one connector that will plug in.

The driver side body only has the safety wiring connector and appears to be plug and play. There is no connector on the driver side for the power adjusters.

The passenger body side has two connectors. The body side safety connector is a 4-pin with two wires. The seat side safety connector is an 8-pin with 6 wires. The body side adjuster connector matches the seat but is missing several circuits.

My under hood fuse box has the power seats and seat heater fuses and circuits. I need to figure out where these end at. It would be awesome if they end inside the cab somewhere.

Old 05-22-2019, 12:15 PM
Default Passenger Seat

I need to get constant power, IGN power and a larger ground to the passenger seat for starters. If you put battery power to the large orange wire and ground the large black wire on the seat connector, all the adjustment features will operate. I am still trying to sort out the heater. The wiring diagram I found online doesn't detail these connectors. There is some kind of trigger wire needed for the heater coming from the body HVAC. The safety connector has several extra circuits on it that I believe are for the power seat's position sensor. I hope it is not too dangerous to be without this feature.

Anybody have access to a 2006 H3 pin-out diagram for the passenger seat C307 connector shown below? The white labeled pins exist in the body side connector. The yellow labels will need to be added.

The C308 passenger connector on the body side is only looking for these two wires. The rest are either for the position sensor or the heater.

Old 05-23-2019, 07:13 AM

Heated seats will not turn on with the ignition off, they will also shut off when the ignition turns off also.
I think that is a pretty important safety feature.

Old 05-23-2019, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Heated seats will not turn on with the ignition off, they will also shut off when the ignition turns off also.
I think that is a pretty important safety feature.
Yes and the passenger seat is not supposed to work when empty either. Having difficulty tracking down this triggering wire and how to wire it up correctly.

Old 05-23-2019, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by ACCLR8N
Yes and the passenger seat is not supposed to work when empty either. Having difficulty tracking down this triggering wire and how to wire it up correctly.
It uses a switch in the seatbelt latch

Old 05-24-2019, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by atvspeed4
It uses a switch in the seatbelt latch
Yes I read that. Is it involved with some of those extra circuits on either connector? In the wiring diagrams there is some kind of trigger wire coming from the HVAC circuit relay.

Old 07-31-2021, 09:26 PM

Did you figure out the wiring on the passenger seat ? If so I have a few questions if you don’t mind thank you !

Old 08-02-2021, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mpd51890
Did you figure out the wiring on the passenger seat ? If so I have a few questions if you don’t mind thank you !
No I never did.