PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XM Radio Trial

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Default XM Radio Trial

I just received an e-mail from GM telling me that I can try the XM radio for three months trial. I thought for sure I would have to pre-pay something or get three months if I sign up for six, but it seems like a true trial. I signed up for it and programmed the radio, it all works.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:05 PM

I want that!

Did you buy yours new?

Old 08-03-2009, 09:23 PM

I did not buy new, I did get six months OnStar free.

The GM XM Radio offer just came tonight after eight months of Hummer ownership. Perhaps the fact that I added more OnStar time on has raised a flag for the offer,
I followed the instructions to receive XM and it works. I'll try my best to listen to some of the channels tho not my thing while driving.
I did sit out in the H3 tonight going through all the channels and there are some interesting channels, I can see the reason so many enjoy XM.

I hope you get the offer, or maybe call them to prompt them to.

Old 08-03-2009, 10:50 PM

Hmmm... well I have had 7 months free of OnStar due to my super scamming! Haha. Every time my trial expires I call, from my H3's phone, to "cancel", saying that I didnt have time to try it, and they just keep giving me more free months! It has happened 3 times! Crazy! I have had my H3 since November, so 10 months, hmmmm.. I am in Canada though, this might be why? I remember I called XM when I first got my H3 because it had a "3 Months of XM Free" pamflet type thing in the glove box but they said thats only if you buy it brand new. Maybe I should call and ask?

Old 08-04-2009, 06:47 PM

I doubt they'll give it to you, they'll say you won't have time to try it. J/K.

Give them a call and tell them you would like the trial, like I said, I bought used and saw that same deal. Who would have thought after all this time I'd have it offered to me.
The funny thing is so far the wife thinks the XM is cool. I really have not had too much time to evaluate it, but I like no commercials.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:03 PM

Did you have to give your credit card number? I had to use my dad's credit card when I signed up for my free OnStar but he's not complaining so far since they haven't charged him!! Hahaha.

On my navigation, I do have some XM stuff.. but I guess theyre just free example channels because one is emergency news and one is the same repeat of some of the channels they have (it talks about Oprah & Friends and ESPN and stuff)

Old 08-05-2009, 08:43 PM

I did not give my CC # for the XM, but I did for the free OnStar.
It makes me wonder if the XM radio has my CC # from OnStar.

Old 08-06-2009, 12:15 AM

Hmmm well probably not, OnStar is owned by GM but XM is a seperate company I think isn't it? Okay I'm going to call XM soon, I'll let you know what they say! Crap my OnStar runs out on the 8th.... what excuse can I use now??!?

Old 08-06-2009, 09:58 AM

Correct - OnStar is owned by GM, and XM merged with Sirius radio - they are now the same company, still separate from GM.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:11 AM
Default xm radio

So does the 2006 H3 come equipped for XM or does something need to be added?

Quick Reply: XM Radio Trial