PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is why you bought a HUMMER!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Default This is why you bought a HUMMER!

Prove that you are not a poser and get there!
Name:  blackmountaininv-001-1.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  161.5 KB

Last edited by HumminNBoatin; 03-18-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:29 PM

ckin my work schedule. It's about 13 hours from me but looks awesome... The pics are kinda scary. all the 5's and 4's and the rock buggys.. They got some trails that I can do but not have to walk home???

Old 03-12-2011, 12:43 AM

$350.00 for 2 HUMMERS to go wheeling for 2 days! Is the hotel included in that price? If not what IS included in that price besides the breakfast, dinner and tshirts?

Old 03-13-2011, 01:57 PM

No worries we run groups of different difficulty levels. Most of the pix you see on the main site were from my group.

Tainter, here are some quoets from other forums in regards to this event.
Uh, let's see, Breakfast, dinner each day, an off road venture with skilled trail leaders and event coordinators, AND the assurance that your Hummer is in capable hands to be repaired, fixed/towed off of a trail if it should breakdown. I kind of think that "peace of mind" is priceless.

Really, a Ripoff!?? That's not worth it to you? Next time you're out on a trail several miles into an ORV Park, and you break down, call a towing company, and remember to tell them to bring you parts to fix your rig, oh yeah and tell them to bring you breakfast and dinner while you wait for them to arrive and then tow you out of the park, and then FIX your rig.

Really? I'd love to see the tow driver bent over laughing with that kind of request.

I think the PRICE is CHEAP for what you're getting from THC. Quoted from other forum post by: richbodygym

Really? Plus paid ORV Park fees, plus an event shirt, plus liability and accident insurance coverage, plus awards and giveaways at the Saturday night dinner, plus the friendships that you will make for life (maybe the most value). Our Club events are priced to break-even and hopefully we accomplish that at each event for the enjoyment of the Club members and to be able to do this again next year! By: Camou2

Old 03-13-2011, 03:30 PM

I did not see Tainter saying anything about ripoff.... I think he was looking for more clarification.

I think it would be fun but being up in the Great White North the commute would be a little much..lol

Old 03-13-2011, 09:23 PM
rsc

Lets see, between the 18 hours to go 1100 miles, 5 days off from work with no vacation time left, $500 in gas and then those registration fees? I'm looking at $2K for a weekend of wheeling. No thanks, I'll stick to the trails here in Texas. Bring it out here and I'm game.

Old 03-13-2011, 10:11 PM

WOW, ask a question about a THCI event and you get the book thrown at you? Plus, you didn't even answer the question if the hotel was included in that price! WTF!

As a "Director THCI - Events Planning / Ambassador Program" I would think you would WANT to make it clear to someone who was thinking of attending this or any THCI event what they are getting for their event fees. Sounds like the many comments and stories I have read and been told about "elitism" and "better than everyone else" about THCI may have some ring of truth to them. Thank you for making this very transparent.

I can and have fixed our HUMMERs, HUMMERs of others who have broken down on the trail and other brands also. 1/2 shafts, front diffs, shock mounts, transfer cases, drive shafts, etc. We (myself and the others I wheel with) would NEVER leave a man/woman/child/dog or rig (no matter the brand) behind except in an emergency situation.

I have been trying to make it every year to the Grayling run for 3 years now and the timing has not been in the cards. THANK GOD! Looks like my money, my family and our HUMMERs will not be attending ANY of the THCI events now or in the future.

Last edited by TAINTER; 03-13-2011 at 10:14 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Cool

Hey guys sorry to have not responded to this. I replied directly to this thread a couple days ago and I see for some reason it was deleted??????

What I bascially stated is that we have no elitism and welcome all HUMMER owners to check out the club. We have members of every walk of life at our events.

When we put events together we try and run them very efficently and make them as inclusive as we can. Really the upfront event fees go right back to you. Event fees very depending on the event. But this I can assure you, your money that you pay to go to the event goes right back to you. Meals are catered, you get your event shirts, door prizes, park admission, mechanical support, insurance etc etc...... Again the perks or services you get at every event very.

For some of you the drive is just simply too far. I totally get that. I can assure you we are working to get more events up and running across the country. Especially out west!

I am realy shocked to the negativity of some people about HUMMER events. You guys should be extatic that we are trying to give the HUMMER world to something to come together over. If you cant afford the event fees, hey we understand and there are no hard feelings. We hope that maybe that one day you will want to come and check it out.

Tainter, Its a shame you have never made it to the Grayling Snow run. I have done it and its a blast. However the Grayling snow run is technically not a THCI event. It is simply hummer owners getting together from different clubs in January to run it. It is kinda orgainzed but nothing like you would see at a full blown THCI event. I really encourage you to try and get to Grayling next year I promise you would have a good time.

Last edited by HumminNBoatin; 03-21-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:34 AM
Angry Wtf

Originally Posted by HumminNBoatin
I am realy shocked to the negativity of some people about HUMMER events. You guys should be extatic that we are trying to give the HUMMER world to come together over.

Well we "POSERS" are not negative about Hummer events. We are negative about people who try to put on an event and then berate anyone who poses even the simplest question about what the seemingly outrageous "Pay to Play" fee includes.

"I'm really shocked" that you are so daft that you can't see how you and the group you represent might have come across as an elitist community.

I for one am "ecstatic" that you guys (THCI) put events together and advertise them...

So I can avoid your pompous asses at all costs.

Last edited by xllkoyokollx; 03-19-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by xllkoyokollx

Well we "POSERS" are not negative about Hummer events. We are negative about people who try to put on an event and then berate anyone who poses even the simplest question about what the seemingly outrageous "Pay to Play" fee includes.

"I'm really shocked" that you are so daft that you can't see how you and the group you represent might have come across as an elitist community.

I for one am "ecstatic" that you guys (THCI) put events together and advertise them...

So I can avoid your pompous asses at all costs.
X2, not going to see me or any of my HUMMER friends at a THCI event!

Quick Reply: This is why you bought a HUMMER!