PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did the dealer "throw in" on your H3 purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Default RE: What did the dealer "throw in" on your H3 purchase?

You would like to think they give you something for free, but we all know they built it into your final price. Having said that I got 2 keychains, free tank of gas, ball cap and a trailer hitch cover.

Old 04-04-2007, 01:01 PM

Tank of gas and spare tire cover and some cheap key chain with plastic 2-d hummer.

This was after I paid $29+K for base model with towing hitch and trailering package, sunroof and premium sound system. MSRP was ~$34+.And they still made $500 profit. Finance mgr. showed me their "numbers".

Bottom line: always buy a car on the last day of the month to get a good deal. Sales guy told me I would never have gotten that price earlier in the month.

Old 04-04-2007, 02:42 PM

I got a key ring, an onstar upgrade to Turn by Turn from the standard Onstar and a full tank of gas. The upgrade was because of a mistake that the salesman made telling me that Turn by Turn was included in the package. He failed to read an GM update a few months earlier informing the dealership that the Onstar package in Hummers had been changed and TxT had been dropped. The full tank of gas was a surprise, we've bought quite a few cars in the last twenty years and this is the first time that a dealer filled the tank. Hell even when I paid cash for a forty thousand dollar Expedition with the Eddie Bauer package they didn't fill the tank. However about a month after I bought it Ford sent me a nice leather dufel bag that I still use today from Eddie Bauer. That was a nice surprise as I had no idea that it was comming.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:49 PM

ORIGINAL: skeeet

My dealer, Towbin Hummer in Las Vegas threw in a $350 price increase above what we agreed to and what I thought was sealed by my $2000 deposit. He actually wanted another $1200 butI said I would rather walk home to Arizona.I drove there in a rental car and really did not want to drive in the rental car. They made buying a new car like a root canal. [/align]They said GM had a price increase which was a total lie and besides thatshould not effect our agreed price.[/align]
And you were suprised?

He's the Kiiiiiiiiiing of cars baby.. He dooz it large baby...

Old 04-04-2007, 04:05 PM

i got 1000 off , plus they wash for free anytime i want to go down dring the week -9-5 yea thats when i am at work !!!!!

so yea i have never gotten it washed, unless i was laready there for something else

Old 04-04-2007, 04:21 PM

I got a spare tire cover and a bunch of attitude when I wouldn't buy any accesories or warranties.

Old 04-04-2007, 04:26 PM

We got them down off the original sticker price more than they will usually go. It took about a month of haggling.. but we were in no hurry. They couldn't get one with the options we wanted, so the sunoof and nav we got for about half the normal price each. The also threw in the hummer body graphic for free. Our dealership will wash your Hummer anyime you want for free. Just bring it in, and hand them the keys.. but it's not the best wash in my opinion. So, I rarly use it.

We also got a lot of little freebies (t-shirts, koozies, key chains etc)when we went on our dealerships off road event.

Old 04-04-2007, 05:11 PM

I had the worst dealership experience of my life buying this H3. I did my research, and I knew twice as much as the salesman, which upset him....but he was new. He became so frustrated with my haggling, and knocking every curveball he threw out of the park, that eventually the owner had to come finialize the deal with me. They attempted to scam me at every angle, and tried to knock down my trade in value over and over. After tearing the price down, I still managed to get free XM, Sunroof, and floormats out of them because they didn't have what I wanted when I got there. I took a better model for a lower price.

I don't believe in the 'end of the month' myth. It's just a matter of knowing what you are buying, what the 'dealer cost' is...not the invoice, knowing the rebates *which I had mailed to me rather than applied to the car*, offering a percent profit for them off DEALER cost, and taking into account any factory to dealer holdbacks. They will hate you, but you'll get your car if you put 3-5 percent profit up for them.

The difficulty in buying an exotic like a Hummer, is that you usually don't have options when it comes to dealers. You can't play them off eachother, or shop for the best dealer. A lot of times you can fax offers to dealers and find the best deal, but not with exotics. My advice to anyone buying a Hummer, is never to think you are getting the best of them, if you don't know the figures. Floor mats for free, and trinkets, mean absolutly nothing when it comes to getting a good deal. Walk out two or three times until they come down in price even more....believe me they don't want you to walk out.

Sorry if I sound like I'm on a soapbox, but as a former salesman, I hate to see people being taken advantage of. Car dealerships have no regulations on lying to you. They will give you lines about you taking food off their plates etc; it's all part of the pressure job. Should anyone want to talk about ways to get your true value vs a salesman, pm me on the boards or something. My dealer was so bad, and continues to be so bad, that I will drive out of state for service before I'll go back there.

p.s. never give the evaluation card to the dealership. Always mail it back to the Factory

Old 04-05-2007, 12:42 AM

nascar17,

I got mine from Frank Kent too. You know we have a lot of Hummer dealers here in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex, I went to'em all and the guys at FK were the best, down to earth guys. No pressure at all and they accepted my GM Supplier discount and I fet I got a very good deal and have been taken care of since the purchase.

A few weeks after I made the deal the battery died (dead cell out of the box). I was able to jump it off and drove it to the dealer. They said they would come tow it if it made me more comfortable. I said I could drive it there after a jump which is what I did.

I got there, they loaned me an 06 H3 Adv. and said come back in a few hours. They had changed the oil, put the new battery in it and checked everything out and washed it all in a few hours. More than fair.!

Old 04-05-2007, 12:57 AM

Nuthin.'

Quick Reply: What did the dealer "throw in" on your H3 purchase?