Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

What am I doing wrong Rear Brakes wont Bleed WHY?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2021, 05:18 AM
Default What am I doing wrong Rear Brakes wont Bleed WHY?

Ok Im hoping someone on here might be able to tell me what Im doing wrong.. as I spent the good part of the day pissing around with these rear brakes and its making me crazy.. So I was changing the wheels and tires on my 07 H3 and figured why I am in there Ill detail everything and change the brake pads since I have never had them changed since I bought it new. Well I did do something stupid on the right passenger side caliper. I thought it was like a standard caliper and I removed the top and bottom bolts then tried to remove it of the rotor and nothing.. as one would normally do then pop off the brake pads depress the cylinder and put back together.. but it wouldnt budge then I seen two more bolts as well with a larger bolt size ..hmmm I guess I must have to remove those too... so I took the lower one off.. and ought oh.. fluid comes leaking out.. ****.. so I quickly put it back in then the other two bolts and tightned all up. . so I go online you tube and see the brakes come off rather easily.. they slide out.. dah ok.. you dont touch those bolts.. so I made mistake.. but now I have to bleed the brakes now.. as I let air in.. and is it ok if I took those bolts off? so I start at the rear and try to bleed using the one man system.. with a bottle filled with fluid .. nothing.. nothing is coming out.. then I even try the gravity bleed nothing it comes out to about an inch in the tube and stops. nothing.. so now I decide to use the buddy method and still nothing.. WTH? so I go to the front bleeders and try them and they bleed beautifully.. no issues.. bubbles come out all good.. so now I figured maybe the bleeders are clogged on the rear. so I run up to auto parts place and get new bleeders.. install them back to the buddy system and nothing.. again.. go back to the fronts and they bleed again fine.. and I am topping off the master while Im doing all this.. so scratching my head I cant figure it out.. then I remembered the vehicle is jacked up and the emergency is on.. oHHH well I release the emergency brake and thought my problems were solved but again nothing I even took the tube off the bleeder to see if it would shoot out like it should and nope nothing.. but the buddy says the brakes are nice and stiff not soft.. nevertheless , what am I doing wrong here.. I cant figure it out.. why wont the back brakes bleed.. Oh and i did do about 15 times the proceedure on the one back and no nothing.. so it wasnt that I wasnt trying enough.. do I need to start the car and do>>? Im confused thanks Bruce

Old 09-19-2021, 09:18 AM

Here you go. Just watch on YouTube . This is a Google search of H3 related rear brake stuff.

https://www.google.com/search?q=blee...myqtsPw7I886:0

​​​​​​

Old 09-19-2021, 10:14 PM

When i bleed my brakes i turned the ignition on. i found it somewhere in the forums Then had my wife press the pedal and then i cracked the bleeder and repeated the process starting at rear right ,rear left, front right, then front left. makes sure you have a tube over the bleeder and into a bottle so you dont let more air in.