Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H3 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/)
-   -   Wet drivers side carpet (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/wet-drivers-side-carpet-41446/)

cjd9153 06-06-2019 06:57 PM

Wet drivers side carpet

I am about to go nuts. Everytime it rains, the carpet on my drivers side is somehow wet.... Am I losing my mind? How is this possible without the floor mat being wet as well.

hummerz 06-06-2019 07:09 PM

Overflowing sunroof drain channels route to the inside pillars.

cjd9153 06-06-2019 08:25 PM

How does it get wet under the floor mat, and not on the floor mat?

Doc Olds 06-07-2019 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by cjd9153 (Post 361422)
How does it get wet under the floor mat, and not on the floor mat?

Is your floor mat under the kick plate? No, it is next to the kick plate.

You have a sunroof right? You need to fix you clogged sunroof drains ASAP as water will destroy your BCM which is mounted behind the passenger side kick plate.

Her is one thread on that topic. Do a search, there are other methods and vids out there showing how to.

Finally, a fix for clogged sunroof drain tubes

Coolvibes 06-12-2019 09:58 PM

CJD, I don't know how it did it either, but prior to fixing my sunroof drains, my carpets were wet but the floor mats were dry. Even the carpet of the rear passenger footwell.

After fixing, I tested the drains by pouring water in the sunroof channels. All the water ran out onto the ground by the front wheels; problem solved. Two months later I am sitting in the truck in a parking lot in a rain storm (yes, I live in Miami). Heard the funny sound of water dripping, but I couldn't see it. Eventually I discovered the drivers footwell carpet was wet (previously it was the passenger side). Had to go to a covered parking garage to drop the ceiling liner, and reconnect the drain tube to sunroof channel. Took about 20 minutes.

I think what happens is that when the sunroof drains get clogged, previous owners / mechanic use compressed air to clear the tubes. This blows the drain tubes off the sunroof channels between the outer roof and the inner ceiling liner. When water is poured in the sunroof channel to test if the fix work, the water drains away into the ceiling and down the A-pillar behind the trim - a false positive.

It takes more time, but after opening up the sunroof drain tube, you should also drop the roof liner and push the drain tubes securely onto the sunroof channels.

sdmack55 02-14-2024 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds (Post 361427)
Is your floor mat under the kick plate? No, it is next to the kick plate.

You have a sunroof right? You need to fix you clogged sunroof drains ASAP as water will destroy your BCM which is mounted behind the passenger side kick plate.

Her is one thread on that topic. Do a search, there are other methods and vids out there showing how to.

Finally, a fix for clogged sunroof drain tubes

Exactly what happened to my H3. And good luck finding a new BCM

cjd9153 02-14-2024 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by sdmack55 (Post 407037)

Thanks 5 years later

Doc Olds 02-14-2024 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by sdmack55 (Post 407037)

Welcome to HF. Take a read of this and please avoid digging up OLD THREADS. READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'

Closing this OLD Dog now.