PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Under powered my a$$

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 08:28 AM

People say the I5 is under powered because it kinda is. Completely stock, it's adequate. Start adding bigger tires and weight from various mods and it becomes barely adequate. Now throw in some long steep hills for those of us who live in or near mountains and you'll find the I5 under powered.

Don't let your ego get in the way of the facts. The I5 is a good engine, but it's on the weak side for our trucks.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by PSE30
Like you said its more of the driver skill knowing where your power band is and the best shift points and just hammer down. But no i haven't added that crap to my truck yet eventualy yes then mabe ill complain like everyone else i suppose. I find the elevation and ambiant temp make the biggest impact on power at least here in ontario a nice cool morning and there usualy ready to rock.
Driving skill of the Benz driver.

Put lever in D, stick finger in nose. carefully touch gaspedal. Rock back and forth in chair to pretent you want it to go faster. Let 30 year old spunk pass in his rendezvous so he can tell story on Hummerforum.

driving skills of rendezvous kid:

Left foot on brake. Rev engine. Blue smoke is coming out. YEAH!!
Let brake go and floor gas pedal.....LAUNCH CONTROL BABY!
Looks in rearview mirror. YESSSS the benz is behind me. I SMOKED HIM! I SMOKED HIM!

Next stop light. The Benz is next to him again. LAUNCH CONTROL AGAIN! YEAH BABY. Wait where did he go? Crap he turned left at that stoplight.
Must not have dared to do this again. VICTORY!!!!!

Last edited by nlhummer; 03-19-2013 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Miss judged age of rendez vous driver
Old 03-18-2013, 06:35 PM

As much as I hate to say it, the I5 is underpowered for highway use. Not for lugging around town, there it's fine. But I live in FLORIDA where there's hardly any hills and highways are all flat. The only exceptions are the highway bridges. The change in elevation is hardly anything.....yet at 75mph, my H3 has to kick it down a gear just to maintain speed. Keep in mind I have 34.5 inch tires, and torsion lift. Those two things kick my *** in power and mpg. Highways are my only complaints. Other than that, I love my 3.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by nlhummer
Driving skill of the Benz driver.

Put lever in D, stick finger in nose. carefully touch gaspedal. Rock back and forth in chair to pretent you want it to go faster. Let 16 year old punk pass in his rendezvous so he can tell story on Hummerforum.

driving skills of rendezvous kid:

Left foot on brake. Rev engine. Blue smoke is coming out. YEAH!!
Let brake go and floor gas pedal.....LAUNCH CONTROL BABY!
Looks in rearview mirror. YESSSS the benz is behind me. I SMOKED HIM! I SMOKED HIM!

Next stop light. The Benz is next to him again. LAUNCH CONTROL AGAIN! YEAH BABY. Wait where did he go? Crap he turned left at that stoplight.
Must not have dared to do this again. VICTORY!!!!!
Just made my damn day!!!

A 4900 pound SUV equipped with a 5 cyl engine and you say its not under powered? I respect your opinion, but if you cant keep up to a damn honda civic, then your car is under powered. The h3 was not built to race, the I5 H3 and the word "power" do not go together end of story.

Old 03-19-2013, 08:43 AM

Seriously 16 yr old punk eh nice one bud. Try 30 and no punk here baby girl

Old 03-19-2013, 09:43 AM

mine seems to have pretty good power going downhill with the wind

Old 03-19-2013, 06:32 PM

Then why are you trying to race someone with a buick??? If you want power go drive an alpha, and then come back to me and tell me the I-5 is not underpowered. I think all H3s should have been equipped with the 5.3L

Old 03-19-2013, 10:13 PM

Whaaat? 30??????? Sorry about that. I will see if I can still edit your age in the post

edit: post updated

Last edited by nlhummer; 03-19-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:32 AM

Oh thanks. Lol and wasnt tryn to race but it was a red he pulled up in a dead lane i hate wen people do that thinkn they will just get in front of everyone. No f that get in line. And i some wat agree about they should all have the 5.3 that should have been the base motor a 6.0 diesel should be the alpha motor then i would have waisted the extra cash to get the alpha not the base

Old 03-21-2013, 09:08 AM

Oh thanks. Lol and wasnt tryn to race but it was a red he pulled up in a dead lane i hate wen people do that thinkn they will just get in front of everyone. No f that get in line. And i some wat agree about they should all have the 5.3 that should have been the base motor a 6.0 diesel should be the alpha motor then i would have waisted the extra cash to get the alpha not the base
Exactly. I have been waiting for GM to put that new 8.0 liter Ferrari Diesel in the H2. Very quick accelleration and with the diesel consumption of a prius. It is the best of both worlds that way. They are putting it in for the 2015 model year I heard when I was at the 4x4 wintershow in Miami last summer

Quick Reply: Under powered my a$$