PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trip/Odometer switch

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Default Trip/Odometer switch

Just wondering if this is the way it works, but in my 2007 H3, if the drivers side door is closed, I can push the switch in the dash to alternate between the Trip and Odometer readout. If the drivers side door is open, when I push the switch, it will not change from whatever the display is on. With the door open, if it is on the trip setting, holding it down does not reset. It's not a problem at all, but just curious as to why this may be.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Default RE: Trip/Odometer switch

Who knows, I noticed it too. Then later in an off road mag there was a test of the H3 that I read. It actually mentioned that tid-bit too.. one of the testers didn't like it.

Like you said, not really a big deal.. but not really a big deal to make it work both ways either. Such is life I guess.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:52 PM

Yepper..You have to have the doors closed before you can use your DIC.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

[&:][&:]

Old 05-03-2007, 10:01 AM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

I should hope so..[8D]
(06's are like that too)

Old 05-04-2007, 12:26 AM

Dennis wouldn't this be on the same lines of does the lightstay on when you close the fridge door vs. when you open it?
Sorry couldn't resist. [sm=innoc.gif][sm=grinangel.gif]

Old 05-04-2007, 12:55 AM

LOL..very close Jen..

Believe it or not..when I was 6 or 7 years old, I cleaned out all the lower shelves in my Mom's fridge, climbed in with a lit candle and had my4 year old sister standing on a chair so she could reach the handle, then closed the door..Yep the light goes out when the door is closed...

Before anybody freaks..I made it, didn't I?..My sister got all my halloween candy as a bribe....poor girl, her teeth never was the same..Hmmmm..

Old 05-04-2007, 01:01 AM

Its so your service advisor can lean in and check your mileage with the door open, so you don't freak out about him reseting your oh so important trip computer from which you meticulously track your gas mileage. I kid - I have no idea why it is designed this way...but is it really a big deal to just shut the door?

Old 05-04-2007, 11:35 AM

Just curious what does the Driver information center show you? On previous GMcars we owned we had two trip odometers, engine oil life, average speed, and miles per gallon. Is this supposed to be on the H3? If so how do you access that info? Thanks!!

Old 05-04-2007, 12:53 PM

The DIC will only alert you to problems and low engine oil life -- it will not allow the user to cycle through anything but the odometer and the trip odo. If you want to know your engine oil life, you can call OnStar and they can access it. Maybe in future models, it will be similar to the H2 where they have average economy, engine hours, oil life, etc available to the driver.

Quick Reply: Trip/Odometer switch