Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Transmission issues (P0756 is a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for "Shift Solenoid B P

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 01:57 PM
Angry Transmission issues (P0756 is a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for "Shift Solenoid B P

P0756 is a diagnostic trouble code (DTC) for "Shift Solenoid B Performance or Stuck Off is the error I am getting:

I have had my hummer for a year now and it is a 2007 with 138000 miles. Last April / May time frame driving back from Dallas I lost forward gears, just got rpm's. Not knowing any better or what was going on I had finished driving back to Houston so when I got home I popped the hood and there was the strawberry milkshake in my radiator reservoir the Trans cooler in the radiator busted I guess and mixed the fluids. was barely in 1st gear. Well for my stupidity I ended up replacing the radiator, flushing the engine and replacing the transmission. Once I got it all back together in June 2018 it ran great, better than before no issues at all, and I checked the fluid on a daily basis. Then I drive to east Texas 2 hours away it was fine. Woke up with the family, got gas and started to head to a funeral and withing 10 minutes I felt the rpm go up but no drive power. I know what this feel is for. In disbelief I immediately pulled over and killed it. I popped the hood and there was the strawberry milk shake again.
UPDATE: I have replaced radiator, flushed motor, flushed transmission even though this time the mixture didn't reach it. I then took my brother's advice and ran 2 external trans cooler's to by bypass the radiator, It ran great for the 2 hour trip back home. I thought problem was solved, nope, Got up to go back to work, (Teacher/Coach), and take my kids to school which is a 40 minute drive and within 25 minutes was losing power. Added trans fluid and it was fine, then it wasn't. I got home with it acting semi normal. The next day I test drove it and I started off very slow, which I guess I didn't have 1st gear, then it drove fine through 2nd and 3rd gear but I had no Drive/OD and the engine light was on. Ran a scan and got p0756 dtc. I then dropped then pan again, replaced both shift solenoids, filter and fluid and it still does the same thing.
I am at a point of frustration, I am having to use my wife's car while she car pools to her job. I can't afford a trans shop because their are so many crooked ones where I live so I am hoping someone could help me out. thanks,

2007 Hummer H3

Old 03-14-2019, 04:31 PM

Old 03-15-2019, 09:45 PM

happened on my silverado replaced the shift solenoid and all was fine

Old 03-21-2019, 06:06 PM

Dropping the pan to clean it out, replace filter, gasket, add new dexVI, is what fixes this code. Sorta like passing a kidney stone. Worked for me @90k miles, still shifts like new. Only 20k since I flushed the trans, however the pan was never dropped. Preventative maintenance is the key.