Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

traction failed/stab failure/abs light all at once

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 09:17 AM

I don't know anything about the mechanical noises you're hearing, but I thought I might mention that I've had the same warning lights and "limp mode" when one of my throttle position sensors went bad. Here's a video:

Old 12-26-2012, 03:20 PM

Yea, Hub - wheel bearing.
Chris

Old 12-27-2012, 06:47 AM

Mine didn't say reduced power with the alerts. So hope it isn't the same thing as you had. Hoping a bearing but still doesn't explain the noises to me. The sound wasn't coming from the wheel. But i dunno. My drivers side window and power locks won't work either. And now the thing won't even start. Lights up and tick tick tick. And won't even click when i try the key. Thing is driving me nuts... Always one thing then another.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:41 PM

Ok i am assuming the battery is garbage is why it won't start. I also assume the window and locks won't work and i need new switches? bit doesn't tell me why all other windows work and why no power locks even with other button on passenger door or the button on keychain.
This really sucks cuz i have a snow tank sitting in the yard waiting to have my mechanical issue diagnosed and i have shoveled five or six feet of snow in the past two days and can't even go play in my hummer!! :’(:’(

Old 12-31-2012, 08:43 AM

May be not...The window switch that is. Remove the entire switch assembly from the drivers door and unplug. Take it in your crib and let it warm up for a while.
Mean while get a new battery and connectors and replace. Then reconnect the door switch and reconnect the battery after you do the door switch install. If all goes well youll have control of windows again. If not...
Chris

Old 12-31-2012, 08:49 AM

Here is an example of how to get at the switch.
https://sites.google.com/site/happyh...er-replacement

Mid way down you'll see a switch picture.

Chris

Old 12-31-2012, 04:43 PM

I know how to get them out. I had them out before when it did it. But i thought the switch was worn out because with it all hanging out and apart i hooked it up and pushed the button in with screwdriver and it went up. But the power locks not working happened right after that episode. And the battery went dead.
I can try unhooking them and warming up. But i have to wait to get paid to get anything else. Prob get the bearings and battery. And then put it all in and do my hunner sleeve at the same time. I hope the bearing is gonna be all he prob is. I tried driving up the road and back and heard the noise again but the notifications were not there. I was trying to get them back up because the battery went dead and they couldn't be read unless they are there i assume.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:22 PM

Sounds like wheel bearings

Old 03-16-2013, 05:22 PM

It was a bearing. i replaced it and the main noise went away. did it a month ago now. but the squeaking or rubbing or whatever is there at low speeds. thinking it is u joint or rear bearing. not sure yet will see.

Old 02-20-2015, 06:14 PM
Default Mr

Originally Posted by BERULAKIDE
Mine didn't say reduced power with the alerts. So hope it isn't the same thing as you had. Hoping a bearing but still doesn't explain the noises to me. The sound wasn't coming from the wheel. But i dunno. My drivers side window and power locks won't work either. And now the thing won't even start. Lights up and tick tick tick. And won't even click when i try the key. Thing is driving me nuts... Always one thing then another.
Hi! First time posting on here. I'm also trying to figure out your issue with the service stabilitrak. I have encountered the driver door locks and window not working. That is actually an easy fix. All you have to do is remove the drivers door button unit. Take it into the house and run a blow dryer all over it until you hear 3 loud clicks. Then put it back in and the door locks and windows will all work again .

Quick Reply: traction failed/stab failure/abs light all at once