PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

"Traction Failed, Reduced Power"

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 04:25 AM
Default "Traction Failed, Reduced Power"

"Traction Failed, Reduced Power" showed up on the DIC Managed to pull over safely... Engine shut off automatically... Have dropped it off at the dealer... Waiting to see what they come up with. Have checked up on all sorts of info and most of it comes down to a bug in the software... Hope it's nothing more <<fingers crossed>> Will update soon...

Old 11-09-2009, 08:56 AM

that happened to me, one of the computers was malfunctioning, mine was under warranty so I don't know how much it cost. Mine failed around 44,000 miles, 06 H3

Old 11-10-2009, 09:04 PM

same thing happened to me and it ended up being a "loose battery cable" according to the dealer.

Old 11-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Unhappy

Tech at dealer says a fuse-box has to be replaced... It's apparently a 10 minute job except they don't have it in stock & has to be shipped in from the US... So, stuck for about a week without my wheels, and I'm not even in the desert

Old 07-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Angry Tracttion Failed reduce power service

Im so tired of this Car. I havent had this car for two months and ever since i got i have keep taking it back to the dealer becuase there is always something different. First was the battery, then it was the fusive box then the engine light has come on three different times. Now my car is shaking pretty bad and when i turn on it smells like gas. Its giving me the message "Tracttion Failed reduce power service". I dont know what else to do with this car or this dealer. Im going tomorrow one last time and if happens again Im taking legal actions i want my money back.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:00 AM
Default service stab sys, traction failed, reduced power

The same happened to me. First the car did not start after taking gasoline. Starter worked well but not the engine. Since I drive dirt roads we cleaned engine air filter and fuse box inside with air pressure. It helped, I drove on. Then after a stop I started the engine again and this message came on: >>service stab sys, traction failed, reduced power<<.
Engine does not run smooth and only 3000 rpm max. I cleaned engine with air again and fuse box inside, checked fuses and it started ok, everything normal. Then I drove a while, shut of the engine and after a restart, same message again.
After searching the internet I cycled the 4wheel system 60 times, I disconnected the battery (almost new) for 20 min, I checked the battery cables, I cleaned again with air as before, but no result. Any ideas ? Thanks for help

Old 04-23-2011, 06:28 AM

First, check the dates on the threads you are posting on. If you expect answers from the people in this thread you may wait a long time. Secondly, there may be many causes to your problem. In general, from reading the experiences of others with this message, it will be something the dealer will have to diagnose unless you have the proper diagnostic tools at home. I received this message a while back and the accelerator pedal assembly had to be replaced. Probably time to hhave it checked out.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Widespread Hummer
First, check the dates on the threads you are posting on. If you expect answers from the people in this thread you may wait a long time. Secondly, there may be many causes to your problem. In general, from reading the experiences of others with this message, it will be something the dealer will have to diagnose unless you have the proper diagnostic tools at home. I received this message a while back and the accelerator pedal assembly had to be replaced. Probably time to hhave it checked out.
Thanks Widespread Hummer, others had to replace the fuse box or the Transfer Case Shift Control Module (TCSCM) and reprogram the software or simple a loose battery cable

Old 01-19-2012, 10:11 AM

Can the engine catch on fire due to " traction failed reduced power failure"?

Old 01-19-2012, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rdiaz73
Can the engine catch on fire due to " traction failed reduced power failure"?
There are several possible reasons this can happen, none of which are related to potentially becoming a fireball.

The PCM senses an error and places the vehicle in a "limp mode" because these are drive by wire vehicles.

One example: if there is a bad PPS (throttle pedal position sensor) and the PCM were to suddenly incorrectly think the driver is calling for wide open throttle, you could take off down the road at high speed and it would be difficult to stop or worse. In limp mode, you ain't going anywhere fast.

So if the PPS sends incorrect input = limp mode. Forces a trip to a repair facility to determine the failure.

Quick Reply: "Traction Failed, Reduced Power"