PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tired of 6 CD Changer

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Default Tired of 6 CD Changer

Hi there,

I am tired of the 6 CD changer on my 2008 H3 coz I almost don't use it anymore, I'm more on iPods nowadays.

Question:

Which audio/video is compatible to replace it in terms of the size (should fit exactly to the dash) multi playable such as DVD movies, games, bluetooth etc.? Is there anything I could buy at eBay that can be installed on it?

Please help I need your advice guys.

Thanks a lot

Old 05-21-2010, 04:34 PM

If what your saying is you want to replace the head unit,98% of all after market head units there needs to be a fit kit. They are only 20-30 bucks. the type of stereo that would replace the stock head unit would have to be double din size. I bought the pioneer avh3100dvd here is a picture of it. Bluetooth works seamlessly with it in my 2009 I don't know how the blue tooth is set up in previous years though. In my h3 its separate of the stereo and over rides the stereo when someone calls.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tonyg41
If what your saying is you want to replace the head unit,98% of all after market head units there needs to be a fit kit. They are only 20-30 bucks. the type of stereo that would replace the stock head unit would have to be double din size. I bought the pioneer avh3100dvd here is a picture of it. Bluetooth works seamlessly with it in my 2009 I don't know how the blue tooth is set up in previous years though. In my h3 its separate of the stereo and over rides the stereo when someone calls.

First of, Thanks Tony for your reply. Yeah! This is exactly what I want to do, change the head unit with the DVD with other functions, as long as I get rid of the CD changer and make use of the space. So where did you buy your head unit and how much did it cost you to do it.
Is that the newer model or I can find more with the same size that would fit the dash...Thanks again for your help.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:36 AM

I bought mine the avh-3100dvd on amazon.com got it for $299 which at the time was the best price. There is the avh-4100DVD model which has a 7 inch screen mine is the 5.8 but I wanted the USB drive in from to put my USB flash drive with music in there and 4100 didn't have that. Pioneer makes alot of nice head units in my opinion, not to put down other brands just I stick to what's worked for me. Your main thing that is a must is it has to be the double din to get most out of that space.

Old 05-22-2010, 11:26 AM

Was your factory stereo the 6 CD Monsoon System and if so, did you just need to buy a GMOS (GM On-Star) cable to interface with the onstar?

Old 05-22-2010, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by FloridaFeMan
Was your factory stereo the 6 CD Monsoon System and if so, did you just need to buy a GMOS (GM On-Star) cable to interface with the onstar?

Thanks, yes it is but...

I want to replace it with a DVD Multimedia player head unit.(DVD movie,CD, iPod, Bluetooth etc.)

Old 05-22-2010, 03:19 PM

I bought mine the avh-3100dvd on amazon.com got it for $299 which at the time was the best price. There is the avh-4100DVD model which has a 7 inch screen mine is the 5.8 but I wanted the USB drive in from to put my USB flash drive with music in there and 4100 didn't have that. Pioneer makes alot of nice head units in my opinion, not to put down other brands just I stick to what's worked for me. Your main thing that is a must is it has to be the double din to get most out of that space.

Yeah! I think I'm gonna get a newer model of Double din Pioneer in dash DVD. Thank you so much for your help Tony, 'appreciate it...

Old 05-23-2010, 02:28 AM

No problem and dont forget when you do change your stereo you gotta post pics to help others that might change there stereo's in the future.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:48 AM

No problem and dont forget when you do change your stereo you gotta post pics to help others that might change there stereo's in the future.

Sure I will....

Old 07-08-2010, 01:49 PM

What are you going to do with the factory stero u take out ? Let me know.

Quick Reply: Tired of 6 CD Changer