PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire life.. Mickey Thompson MTZ's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bunger
Mark, just before my post he asked if 33" MT's will fit without rubbing.
I think he deleted his post.

Bluey, the same questions get asked over & over about rubbing, 33's, 35's leveling, shocks & MPG.
All we ask of anybody is to do a simple search of past posts and many of those topics will come up, answering most questions.
Do 33x13.5x18 rub? is what it was. So he did ask a question MU.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:26 AM

Bluey, the same questions get asked over & over about rubbing, 33's, 35's leveling, shocks & MPG.
All we ask of anybody is to do a simple search of past posts and many of those topics will come up, answering most questions.
I did a search.. I couldn't find the info, so I made a new post.

I'm not asking if they will rub.
I'm not asking 33's vs 35's..
I'm not asking about leveling.
I'm not asking about shocks.
I'm not asking about MPG.

I asked a pretty straight forward question to owners of a specific tire about the mileage (not MPG) they get out of a set of tires.

A quick search here of "Mickey Thompson MTZ mileage" yields 9 results. None of them talk of the mileage users are getting out of a set of tires.

1 person, in another thread stated he got ~60k. I was curious to find out if this was average. I have no desire to bet $1,500 worth of tires on one mans claims.

What is even more classic is that this thread is 3 pages long, filled with all the guys sick of people asking the same questions, yet by posting to the thread, you have perpetuated it's existence.

If you guys don't like the threads, don't reply to them, they'll go away.

I'd be curious to know how many of you moaning about the "same old questions" or "about to snap" own a set of MT MTZ's, as that is what this thread was about.

I asked a question, and I've gotten a bunch of blah, blah, blah, and no answers further than the one that caused me to post the thread in the first place.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:59 PM

Tram,
You may not have gotten any answers to your question, which was a valid question but none of this was directed towards you.

Blueyz225 hijacked your thread with his own question.
He is the person that caused your thread to go off topic.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:32 PM

Tram,
You may not have gotten any answers to your question, which was a valid question but none of this was directed towards you.

Blueyz225 hijacked your thread with his own question.
He is the person that caused your thread to go off topic.
I must have misinterpreted your "I swear I'm going to snap " as being directed toward me.. It was the 3rd post in this thread.. Blueyz didn't show up until post #9..

My apologies..

Old 07-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Tram, your question is a good one, so let's get back to it. Sorry about the other BS.

I have 305/70R16s, they have appx 35K on them right now. I would say they are at about 40% + left. Just regularly rotate and they will go good long a while.

I will also add that I really like the MTZ. When it is time to refresh, I will also look at the ATZs before I lay out the scratch. Not because of wear, just to make sure I think out my options thoroughly.

Check this out.... here is MUs brand new set (left) next to my old set (right) ... they had 33K or so then.
Name:  CBphoto_20110403_272.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  160.9 KB

Thanks Bunger.

Last edited by Doc Olds; 07-26-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

I got a new pocket guide at the Offroad Fury this weekend for Mickey's.... they also have an new ATZ Plus tire. Both of the ATZ's boast "High Mileage".

Old 07-26-2011, 02:42 PM

Nice.. I'm thinking I may just go with them. The nearest decent tire is still $200+ bucks.. Why not get a sweeter tire for just a little more money.

Plus, if they last 50,000+ I'll have them for the next 10 years, LOL.. I've got 4 cars and work out of town, so I tend to get long life out of tires, tanks of gas, etc..

Old 07-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

I've seen the MTZ's offroad on some fun stuff at Rausch Creek. They do very well. You want to trust your adventure package to idle you down a hill and that won;t work very well if your slippers are sliding.

I saw it a couple times this weekend... but I also saw Jake's DC's do very well in some nasty loose coal dust.

Old 07-26-2011, 03:32 PM

Mark, just before my post he asked if 33" MT's will fit without rubbing.
I think he deleted his post.

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Do 33x13.5x18 rub? is what it was. So he did ask a question MU.
Sorry guys! I never saw the post you are referencing. I even went back through every post by bluey and couldn't find a tire question. How the hack can you bitch about posting something if you are going to erase it???

Tram: HUMMERon37s also has MTZs on his wifes H3. PM him for some answers also.

Last edited by TAINTER; 07-26-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

I hope Tram understands that nobody is bitching at him at this point... from his detailed posts about the green headlights he clearly "Gets it."

Quick Reply: Tire life.. Mickey Thompson MTZ's?