Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Thoughts - H2 vs H3 vs Hummer EV vs New Bronco

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 12:32 AM
Default Thoughts - H2 vs H3 vs Hummer EV vs New Bronco

perhaps heathen to post about others here BUT any thoughts on where the Bronco places among the Hummers of old and new (and other off roaders like the Defender)

better/worse -- why or why not?

need some thoughts to what comes next in the hummer afterlife...and Jeep is already off my list...

Old 08-07-2020, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

I like some of the features of the new Bronco. ( removable doors, top, etc. ) Small diesel motor would be nice. Not sure on the EV Hummer. Too much unknown at this point.

Old 08-09-2020, 12:04 PM

Being a first time Jeep owner and still having my H2 there is a lot of talk on the Jeep Gladiator forums on the Bronco. Most don't care for it including me. The styling I am not a huge fan of and feel like it was a huge let down. Not to mention the amount of damage the bronco received on the Rubicon trail was comical. It's a no from me.

Old 08-11-2020, 01:03 PM

How do you find the on-road noise when driving down the highway? Only test driven Jeeps, but have found the H3 are more comfortable day to day (other than terrible dealers imo in my area, those are my only knocks)

Looks like the Bronco fared better in Moab...but still find those vids of Humvees doing it just mind blowing...

Old 08-12-2020, 09:25 AM
Wink

Originally Posted by LoJac963
Not to mention the amount of damage the bronco received on the Rubicon trail was comical. It's a no from me.
Sorry lojack, one of the few times I do not agree with ya.
The "testing" of the Bronco on the Rubicon was just that TESTING.

The engineers tried 3 different Broncos with different door/suspension/lift/tire combinations and tried several different lines with each setup on every obstacle.
Look at old pix of the Jeep wranglers from "rubicon testing". Bashed all to hell just like the Bronco.

Old 08-12-2020, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by humm309
How do you find the on-road noise when driving down the highway? Only test driven Jeeps, but have found the H3 are more comfortable day to day (other than terrible dealers imo in my area, those are my only knocks)

Looks like the Bronco fared better in Moab...but still find those vids of Humvees doing it just mind blowing...
I've heard people complain of the road noise in Jeeps but honestly I don't think it is bad by any means.

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Sorry lojack, one of the few times I do not agree with ya.
The "testing" of the Bronco on the Rubicon was just that TESTING.

The engineers tried 3 different Broncos with different door/suspension/lift/tire combinations and tried several different lines with each setup on every obstacle.
Look at old pix of the Jeep wranglers from "rubicon testing". Bashed all to hell just like the Bronco.
I am biased not because I own a Jeep but because I feel the styling of the Bronco really let me down. When I bought my GMC Canyon I fell in love with the midsize truck market. I was waiting for the Ranger, specifically the Ranger Raptor only to be let down by an absolute hideous midsize truck. In the back of my mind I had the Bronco stewing. Bear in mind, I am a huge opponent to Ford, but thought the Bronco might be my first Ford. I just can't get over how terrible the styling of the Bronco is. The headlights and accent lights look terrible. The fender flares on the higher trims look like an after thought. It's just now my cup of tea. I want to like it, I really do, but it looks like a lifted Ford Flex lol.

Old 08-12-2020, 12:42 PM

Hmm, that is all good stuff to chew on...only owned a Jeep Liberty which is hardly comparable.

I personally liked the design but I get it - also holding out for a diesel.

My issue w/the EV is simply how can an off-road vehicle be an EV??? Pretty tough to jerry can a battery

Old 08-13-2020, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by humm309
Hmm, that is all good stuff to chew on...only owned a Jeep Liberty which is hardly comparable.

I personally liked the design but I get it - also holding out for a diesel.

My issue w/the EV is simply how can an off-road vehicle be an EV??? Pretty tough to jerry can a battery
We had a Liberty in the past as well and holy hell, that ride was absolutely trash. Pulling into the driveway over the sloped curb I thought I'd end up with compression fractures in my back. I couldn't believe how terrible the ride was. That was always the rumor with Jeep. I bought my Gladiator and it rides better than my H2 which is wild to think because the 2 rides like a cushion of air.

Old 09-28-2020, 08:02 AM

I have a reservation to order a Bronco currently. I have an H3 Alpha, 4Runner TRD Pro, and a Grand Cherokee currently. The H3 was the better on road 4 door Wrangler with more power, similar capability with Off Road or Adventure Package but no removable roof and doors. The H2 was kind of in a class all its own, and I'd guess will live on in spirit with new Hummer EV. The new Bronco is a direct competitor with the Wrangler. The new Hummer EV will not be "directly" competitive with them since it is all electric, the price will be significantly higher, and it should be bigger. However, it is built for off-road and has removable roof panels, so you could get some cross shopping for those who get what they like and want, price be damned. To me, the Hummer HX Concept, Bronco, and Wrangler should be duking it out now. While I'm on the subject, Toyota ought bring back the FJ with removable roof and doors, and Chevrolet needs to bring back a K5 esque Blazer with removable roof rather than the abomination they currently call a Blazer. Then it's a party!