Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Suspension lift

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2022, 05:57 PM
Default Suspension lift

Hi guys new to the forums. Just bought a 2009 hummer h3t. Been looking everywhere for the past couple days for a suspension lift for the h3/h3t. Im assuming they dont make them anymore? I seen the body lifts and the new torsion key kits. Not really a fan of the new keys lift seems like a gimmick and body lifts only go up to 1.25. Looking for right around 3-4 inches. Thanks for any information.

Old 09-19-2022, 08:30 AM

Rancho and Tuff Country are the 2 manufacturers who made H3/H3T lift kits. They have not produced any kits in many many moons.
First we need to know why do you want a 3"-4" lift for your H3T?
-OffRoad? I successfully wheeled our 2010 H3T Alpha OffRoad with a body lift on 37s for many years until harder and harder trails became my vice. Blew up several front IFS differentials. Skipped the IFS lift kit and went directly to option 3.
-Looks? If it is just for looks do a 1.5" body lift (Outfitter Design) and level the front to 23.5". You can run 37s and it looks good (IMO).

Options:
1. Buy a used H3 with a lift kit and swap it out to your vehicle, then sell the H3.
2. Keep an eye on eBay, forums and bookface. Used kits pop up but are very expensive since they are no longer made.
3. Skip the IFS lift kit and go SAS/SOA (Solid Axle Swap/Spring Over Axle). Once again expensive but you no longer have to deal with the weak IFS front differential.

1.25" body lift, leveled 23.25" and 37x12.50R16s

SAS/SOA

Old 09-19-2022, 06:13 PM

First off wana say thanks for the reply and beautiful truck! Im definitely not a off roader. Im more of what you would call a mall crawler or a pavement princess lol. I have a 6in suspension lifted black widow silverado and a 4in lifted rubicon. Like i said before i just picked up this h3t and wanted to give her some lift. Im a big guy so the lifted feeling suits me and like the stance of liffted vechiles. Option 1 is probably off the table for now at least. Kinda new to the sas/soa way. Can you educate me alil about it? Thanks

Old 09-20-2022, 06:28 AM

For your application I would go with the Outfitter Design 1.5" body lift, level the front (with the stock torsion adjustment bolts) to 23.5" from the center of the hub to the bottom of the front fender flare lip, get an alignment and find some 37s you like while waiting for a unicorn Rancho lift ($4000+) to show up on eBay, forums or bookface. If you wish to go with different wheels (like 17") make sure you are close to the stock backspacing as possible so you don't rub on the rear of the front fenders.

Old 09-20-2022, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
For your application I would go with the Outfitter Design 1.5" body lift, level the front (with the stock torsion adjustment bolts) to 23.5" from the center of the hub to the bottom of the front fender flare lip, get an alignment and find some 37s you like while waiting for a unicorn Rancho lift ($4000+) to show up on eBay, forums or bookface. If you wish to go with different wheels (like 17") make sure you are close to the stock backspacing as possible so you don't rub on the rear of the front fenders.
i only see there 1.25 body lift. Do you have a link to the 1.50? Also leveling it out with the torsion bolts will it make the ride stiff?

Old 09-20-2022, 02:26 PM

Without having much knowledge on the hummer would this be something that would be suitable?
https://www.jackit.com/rlp-69-3070-b.html

Old 09-20-2022, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bottleneck
Without having much knowledge on the hummer would this be something that would be suitable?
https://www.jackit.com/rlp-69-3070-b.html
WOW, I'm out
I thought you had at least done the tiniest bit of research. please take the time to read and research. So many posts just on this forum alone not to mention other HUMMER specific forums.
I'm not going to spoon feed ya, especially when you won't try and educate yourself.

Now you will post the obligatory "why are you so rude" comment. I'm not rude, I'm honest and will help anyone willing to take the time to learn. II'm not your Mommy and/or Daddy who thinks you are 100% perfect, everything you do is great and you should get a trophy for just breathing.

Old 09-20-2022, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
WOW, I'm out
I thought you had at least done the tiniest bit of research. please take the time to read and research. So many posts just on this forum alone not to mention other HUMMER specific forums.
I'm not going to spoon feed ya, especially when you won't try and educate yourself.

Now you will post the obligatory "why are you so rude" comment. I'm not rude, I'm honest and will help anyone willing to take the time to learn. II'm not your Mommy and/or Daddy who thinks you are 100% perfect, everything you do is great and you should get a trophy for just breathing.
i wont say how rude you are as i kinda figured that after i posted that with the keys in the lift i would get negative feedback. I will say i didnt think you would wash your hands of this post. Im a grown *** man as im sure you as well and dont need hand fed anything. I wish you would continue to educate me in my new adventure but were all busy in this world anymore. And as far as doing my own research i have been the past couple days so ya i dont know it all. Either way i will be the bigger man and says thanks for what you have left in this post to help me on my way to making my h3t my own.

Old 09-21-2022, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

Doesn't matter what keys you use, the MAX lift with the front OEM suspension is 23.5" fender lip to hub center. Factory keys can do that, no need to buy anything.

Welcome and Good luck.

How about a Mall Wheeler pic?