Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

super charger on I-5

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Default super charger on I-5

any 1 put a super charger on there I-5 engine and if so what was the out come.wondering what to expect from it will it have the power of a alpha or better and if it's worth the money. heres the info

*NEW* GM 5 Cylinder High Output Supercharger System Get the lead out of your Hummer H3, Chevy Colorado or GMC Canyon with 50% more horsepower from this Strong Silent Sophisticated Supercharger System. It features the Rotrex C30-94 head unit with patented planetary traction roller drive technology. Designed and engineered by Wheel to Wheel Powertrain, the system includes features: Rotrex C30-94 Supercharger (including traction fluid system) Cast aluminum mounting bracket. Custom liquid to air intercooler with unique cast aluminum end tanks and high efficiency Honeywell core. OEM manufactured heat exchanger with Bosch circulation pump. Dedicated 8 rib belt drive, with billet aluminum drive pulley and automatic belt tensioner. High flow K&N oiled cotton gauze media conical air filtration system with W2W designed noise attenuator. Silicone coupler ducts with stainless steel hose clamps. Delphi fuel injectors and our custom-developed calibration delivered installed directly into your factory engine control module. 2006 3.5 Rotex unit. 2007 3.7 New 2 speed Antonov 2 Speed Supercharger.The major limitation of centrifigual superchargers is low end boost. Antonov has addressed this situation, with a two speed supercharger drive. The drive creates a 1.36:1 input speed increase, which in turn increases the supercharger impeller speed. The charger is shifted out of gear, as a function of load and speed. Combined Antonov Rotrex supercharger head units are available by special order. It will also be offered as an option on our I5 (Hummer H3, Colorado/Canyon supercharger systems)

Price: $5,399.00

Old 10-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Default RE: super charger on I-5

where can you order one

Old 10-24-2008, 07:57 AM

I've looked at them but thought it foolish to void my 100,000 mile drivetrain warranty.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:45 PM

A year or more ago, a memember here put one on (I think it was around $5000.00) and had nothing but trouble with it and the getting the PCM tuned for it and poor costumer service from the vender..Like Bob said, it will surely screw with the warranty, you'd be better off getting an Alpha for the money and have a trouble free H3.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:52 PM

why not put the money towards an alpha v8 model. Rotrex superchargers are more popular in europe and come on many aftermarket bmw supercharger kits. They almost act like a centrifigul clutch which in theory adds heat to the mix. I think a Turbonetics turbo kit would be better over the rotrex. I would buy an alpha and then do heads and cam kit from texas speed with some simple bolt ons and have over 400 horses with the 5.3

Old 10-31-2008, 11:10 AM

ORIGINAL: croatone

why not put the money towards an alpha v8 model. Rotrex superchargers are more popular in europe and come on many aftermarket bmw supercharger kits. They almost act like a centrifigul clutch which in theory adds heat to the mix. I think a Turbonetics turbo kit would be better over the rotrex. I would buy an alpha and then do heads and cam kit from texas speed with some simple bolt ons and have over 400 horses with the 5.3

Or put an LS2 in yours. The supercharger probably runs at 6psi at the most. That means it will effectively increase your displacement/HP by 43% under full boost. Not bad. Means about 95 HP more than stock, or about as much HP as an Alpha. You've got to get a good tune, however, so you'll have to find a custom shop, and very few know how to tune an I5. You could get HP Tuners (I have one) and there a few base maps for H3's on their site but you would have to guess where you would want your fuel maps to be. All that work for 100 HP, and believe me, that's not a lot. With my LS2, rated at 400 crank HP, you still know you are in a 5000 pound vehicle, but it's finally adequate.

Old 02-19-2010, 08:47 AM
Default H3 Tuner/Programer

Originally Posted by silicone boy
Or put an LS2 in yours. The supercharger probably runs at 6psi at the most. That means it will effectively increase your displacement/HP by 43% under full boost. Not bad. Means about 95 HP more than stock, or about as much HP as an Alpha. You've got to get a good tune, however, so you'll have to find a custom shop, and very few know how to tune an I5. You could get HP Tuners (I have one) and there a few base maps for H3's on their site but you would have to guess where you would want your fuel maps to be. All that work for 100 HP, and believe me, that's not a lot. With my LS2, rated at 400 crank HP, you still know you are in a 5000 pound vehicle, but it's finally adequate.
HP Tuner? Can you please provide amplifying information? Thanks brother.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by YSUPTE
HP Tuner? Can you please provide amplifying information? Thanks brother.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...GFWBS9WsYdv70Q

Hp Tuners is a software interface to factory management units via a laptop and a adapter. it requires the user to have knowledge of basic fuel management theory. We just got a H3 and I am new but many guys I know use Hp tuners for there street cars and I know they've even expanded to ford and offer a license for the newer f 150's. Good program.

I have a few Eaton 90 chargers laying around and toyed with the idea of down the road maybe installing one. It would require some fabbing but idk since I have no clue on the strength of the I5's yet. A turbo would be good for a highway rider but I like tinkering with the thought of a supercharger. The I5 just seems a bit shy down low and a little added torque could be the answer.

Old 02-19-2010, 02:49 PM

I found a place in AU that uses a eaton style sc. tried emailing them for price but no reply yet.
http://www.walkinshawperformance.com...at=performance

Old 02-20-2010, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by silicone boy
Any info on your LS2 swap anywhere?