PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

strange sound upon acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Default strange sound upon acceleration

HI ALL DEAR FORUM MEMBERS

i have a stock h3 2008 model with 5000km on its clock but i hear a strange whinning sound as i accelerate at about 2000 rpm till it crosses the 60 km/hr speed then it dissapears can anyone help

thnks
mero

Old 10-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Default RE: strange sound upon acceleration

Yeah i have heard the same sound at the same RPM and speed as well!!! It doesn't do it all the time but I heard it the other day. I think it faintlysounds like letting air out of a tank or filling up a balloon with air.It did it for about 10mi then stopped, Iwas like the WTF when I heard that.

I thoughtI might be the only crazy one, butthankfully not!

Old 10-19-2008, 06:05 PM

Did it sound like it was coming from the passenger side? Mine did.

Oh mine is a 2007 H3 w/ 17,000mi by the way.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:25 PM

If you're hearing the same sound that I do and it sounds like its on the passenger side... I think it sounds like an air tank pressurizing. Try turning off your A/C and see if it goes away. I think its the compressor. I asked the dealer about it and they said it was normal and because things are so tight in the engine compartment you hear it. I think I'll ask again next time I take it in since my TPMS keeps going off. I'll have a laundry list for them!

Mine is an '06

Old 10-21-2008, 04:12 PM

hi again
i feel it more when i press the gas pedal both wth ac and without as today i opened the window and could hear it even louder i dnt knw is it the exhaust metal box having a hole sterring i dont have a clue but i m planning to visit the dealer but here u have to take an appointment first tell me how it goes with u

thnks alot
mer

Old 10-22-2008, 06:52 AM
JAM

Hi there,
new poster but i've been lurking for a while. I bought my H3 (2007 model) in August 2007 and am located in France.

I have the exact same annoying sound as you do. Also louder with windows down and AC on or off doesn't matter. It's a metallic sound when accelerating as slow speed and just under 2000 rpm. My H3 has now about 22500 miles and its been doing that for a few thousand miles now.

Took it to my dealer (For french hummer owner, avoid as much as you can Auto Palace in Cannes, jerks), no clue... well he hasn't clues on anything anyway... [:'(]

Let me know if you can find something. I opened the hood and checked if anything was moving with no success...

Glad to be part of the forum!

Old 10-22-2008, 02:02 PM

Mine was doing almost exactly the same thing. It was the heat shield on the exhaust manifold. One of the nuts had come off, causing a vibration at around 2000 rpm. Hope that helps.

David

Old 10-22-2008, 04:33 PM
JAM

rkdavid,
that could be it, thanks. I'll check into it and will give my results.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:28 AM

the dealer did it he fixed the exhaust it was loose or something from under the truck let hope its the last issue

Old 02-25-2009, 08:10 PM

This is great I have been driving around this past week with the same noise..lol
Haven't been able to find anything....I will report back !

Quick Reply: strange sound upon acceleration