Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

stability traction contral error

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Default stability traction contral error

Everyone was a great help the last time I searched and asked a question regarding my H3 (brake noise), so I thought I would throw another out there.
I have had my 2006 H3 for 4 months and have yet to take it off road... (46,000 and change total miles, have not been off road yet and just got done with a 600 mile road trip the day before, no problems. have only had one scheduled oil change since I have had it and not due for another for a thousand more miles.) Well, today I started my H3 and a message came up "STABI SYST ERR TRACT FAILED". Now i know that this is the stability traction control system however it just came on, I hadn't even put the thing in reverse. I know I will probably have to take it to the dealer, the truck still has the manufacture warranty I just hope that this is covered. I found a couple TSB's which I would hope cover it. I searched the froum prior to posting a repeated question but only found one posting from a while back. Any comments would be great. Thanks again, Monk

Old 11-04-2008, 05:39 AM
Default RE: stability traction contral error

When my H3 came up with this error they had to replaced the Pressure controll sensor and the problem was gone Luckly it was under warrenty as it cost $2000 to replace

Old 11-04-2008, 06:38 AM
Default RE: stability traction contral error

Thanks for the reply T REX, that makes me feel better at this point. It has an appointment for next tuesday, Ill post what that outcome was. Got to love a warranty when it works. monk

Old 05-01-2021, 02:32 AM

Hello all,
I have big broblem in my H3 I was change my rh drive shaft and all went well, no problems. But when I start my engine no lights in 4 wheel control switch it is all the time 4hi lock drive and dash board is traction control fail service 4 wheel drive.. I also lost my driver vindow all door locks and aft brake lights. Obd scanner is clear and I cant get my gear box to neutral. Im totally confuced.

Old 05-03-2021, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kalle
Hello all,
I have big broblem in my H3 I was change my rh drive shaft and all went well, no problems. But when I start my engine no lights in 4 wheel control switch it is all the time 4hi lock drive and dash board is traction control fail service 4 wheel drive.. I also lost my driver vindow all door locks and aft brake lights. Obd scanner is clear and I cant get my gear box to neutral. Im totally confuced.
You dug up a near 13 YEAR OLD Thread to tack on a question??? Please avoid that from now on.