PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Squeak, Rattle, Clunk, Etc...

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 05:42 AM
Default RE: Squeak, Rattle, Clunk, Etc...

My squeak behind the back seat was found to be in the compartment where the jack is stowed.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:52 AM

my h3 07 22,000 miles is quiet as a whisper on pavement but as soon as i leave it and go on more dusty rocky roads, and in my case every day, it sounds like a bloody concert hall especiallya this one damn noise that seems to come from the right rear wheel when i hit a pothole!!

as someone says it adds to the rough looks i love my noisesthey just remind me that i m not on a boring interstate

Old 04-05-2008, 01:39 PM

Hi...first time post...long time lurker....

I have the same thing...it's an 06...and another 06 our company owned had the exact same squeak from the rear. Only thing I can say is that when I whacked the spare tire I did sort of re-create it. Just need the time to dig into it...hopefully it's something like the jack.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:14 PM

alrock, I had a problem like you describe on my old Discovery. I found about a 3 inch curb and hit it until the noise was steadily repeating then tried different things until I got it to stop. It went away when I would put slight pressure on the brakes so the pads would stop shifting in the caliper.

Old 04-05-2008, 10:47 PM

I had alot of squeeking noise also and I was able to find out the problem, the problem was that onthe left said there is the parking break and the connection comes lose and it also causes the brace to come lose which makes the squeek. I had to have it fixed twice already and it is totally annoying.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Default Rattle Clunk Ching Bang Ting from Hell

2006 H3 Tactical 85K miles. Love "Martha Focker" that's what I call her except for the damn rattle in the rear I can not find.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:19 PM

my 08 has a rattle when i first start it. goes away when its warm i think it might be a heat shield dunno.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Default rt rear rattle hitting bumps 2006 h3

i have a 2006 h3 this d n rt rear rattle is driving me insane i had changed shocks adjusted rear door removed spare tire cked exhaust checked all body bolts what else is left

Old 03-08-2011, 08:36 PM

I guess that you didn't read Doc's thread about old posts...Did you check the jack/equip in the rear door panel?

Old 03-09-2011, 10:06 AM

what I do is go over most nuts and bolts and snug them down. A 2008 is now 3 years old and theses items do tend to loosen up. The factory torques everything down, but they do work loose. On my side steps, the drivers side was creaking every time I stepped on it, on checking the bolts, I found that one of them was cross threaded and was only threaded in about 5 threads leaving 3/4 of the bolt sticking out. Once snugged down, creak was gone, and this was from the factory.

I also open the fuse and relay boxes and push all the fuses and relays to make sure they are snug-get rid of the electrical gremlins. Why cause these are also inserted by factory robots........

Quick Reply: Squeak, Rattle, Clunk, Etc...