PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Side step rails and roof rack questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Default Side step rails and roof rack questions

Having had our H3 for three days now, I'm fighting the urge to break the bank on accessories. So far.... Husky mud flaps, all weather mats, and chrome accessories. I hope this urge to buy stuffdiminishes!
Anyway, don't side step rails seriously interfer with off-roading?
Also, does anyone know the cheapest source for the roof rack cross members?
Thanks again for your help.

Old 12-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Default RE: Side step rails and roof rack questions

No the urge will never leave. It's terrible. Yes, the side steps do interfere with off roading. As for the roof rack cross members, look on ebay. They often have them for around 220 or so, give or take a few bucks.

Old 12-22-2007, 06:18 PM

If you go offroading you will ruin the nerf bars. Get something like the Rocky Road Supersliders that are awesome rocker protection and provide a small spot to help you step into the truck. http://www.rocky-road.com/hummer.html

[/align]

Old 12-22-2007, 06:29 PM

The urge is 2nd only to crack! I've had mine for 3 months and I am on Phase 5 I and still thinking of things to do. I am going the other direction (Blackout) but just as addicting. Be careful in a few months you may end up like this.

Have FUN!

Todd

Old 12-22-2007, 06:41 PM

Post Deleted[/align]

Old 12-22-2007, 08:28 PM

If you are interested in the factory chrome side step rails, send me a note. I have a 6000-mile 07 H3 that I am thinking of removing the rails from. They are both 100% perfect and cost a fortune on the Hummer new. They are in CT (with me

Old 12-22-2007, 08:50 PM

Do the rocky road sliders stick out enough to prevent door dings? I really like the look of those bars, and they are cheaper than the GM ones!!

Old 12-22-2007, 09:48 PM

ORIGINAL: mh307

As for the roof rack cross members, look on ebay. They often have them for around 220 or so, give or take a few bucks.
My only aversion to the factor cross members on the roof (my H3 is screaming for a rack of some kind) is that except for keeping a canoe or skies or something similar off of the roof paint, they seem to be fairly useless. I want to be able to secure gas cans or a storage box up there and am looking for the right deal on a Gobi roof rack or something similar.

I am happy with the factory nerf bars, my off-roading tends to be more mud, sand and dirt, not so much rock crawling so I am not that worried that I am gonna hang up on something.

Old 12-22-2007, 10:04 PM

If you want to go the "Basket" route there a few o ebay that don't need the factory cross rails. They will go straight into the roof channel and don't cost a fortune.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:14 PM

ORIGINAL: josh1899

Do the rocky road sliders stick out enough to prevent door dings? I really like the look of those bars, and they are cheaper than the GM ones!!
Maybe if you had a 4" lift, otherwise they are way too low to stop door dings.
[/align]

Quick Reply: Side step rails and roof rack questions