PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 04:35 PM
Default Running Lights

Has anyone installed the roof running lights (5 lights) themselves? Just wondering if it's as easy as it seems or if it's a can of worms. [sm=smiley23.gif]

Old 04-14-2006, 04:50 PM
Default RE: Running Lights

Wouldn't recommend doing it yourself, but here's a helpful link, http://www.rausite.com/hummerh3.htm, this guy gives steps into some of the add-ons he installed.

Old 04-14-2006, 04:53 PM

http://www.rausite.com/hummerh3.htm comma at the end of the other link messed up the web address, this one should work

Old 04-14-2006, 05:44 PM

Wow nice link. Thanks! Lots of good info there including a good install on the other running lights!

Old 04-15-2006, 12:27 AM

Yes i did but the dealer put them on for me where i bought my H 3, the service guy gave me a good deal for a total installed like 550 .considering they wiil stand behind it if it ever leaks and does damge by water it is a small investment down the road to pay i think. plus they do it every day so they are experts at it.

Old 04-15-2006, 03:51 AM

dont waste your money on the off road lights, the are horrible, the glare in the front window prevents you from seeing anything at night,

Old 04-15-2006, 03:56 AM

I love mine and i dont have a glare i really dont. i think they do look good at night . i guess i am used to cab lights (RUNNINGS LIGHTS) on all of my last 4 super dutys i had.Just my personal opinoin i think it really gives it that hummer look. Like the h1 and h2 has.just my opinoin.

Old 04-16-2006, 08:48 PM

I think they really give it the hummer look too and used to love them on our truck (the one now doesn't have them and it isn't as cool imo.) I am talking about the amber 5 lights.

We discussed having the dealer put them on but they quoted us $799 installed and I was already peeved at them.. So we'll do it sometime. I need to call another dealership for price and make a day of it.

Nascar, are yours wired to a switch or they just come on with your parking lights?

Old 04-16-2006, 10:13 PM

The dealer wired them to the parking lights I like it like that way when my parking lightsd are on they are on and of course if the head lights are on everythings on. I love the look it gives it . It just gives it that beefy Hummer look I think.

Old 04-16-2006, 11:15 PM

I agree. And since it doesn't need a switch wired into the dash, I am tempted to try it ourselves. It's not something we will do immediately so I'll have to think about it.

Quick Reply: Running Lights