Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/)
-   Hummer H3 (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/)
-   -   Rough idle (https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/hummer-h3-17/rough-idle-40022/)

O7hummdinger 07-22-2018 08:59 AM

Rough idle

I have an 07 h3 3.7 with and occasional rough idle. Cleaned the maf and throttlebody, has new intake gaskets and vvt solenoid. I can get the idle to smooth out if i turn my ac on then off...

O7hummdinger 07-22-2018 09:13 AM

Also has new ac delco plugs, pcv hose.

WR3NCHE4D 07-23-2018 10:48 PM

Someone on here changed where they fueled up and problem was solved. This has been beat to death on this forum. Do a little searching. You got all the basics covered.

Doc Olds 07-24-2018 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by WR3NCHE4D (Post 353399)
Someone on here changed where they fueled up and problem was solved. This has been beat to death on this forum. Do a little searching. You got all the basics covered.

True. Cheap gas is cheap for a reason.

Always use quality gas, they call it top tier in many parts of the country.

O7hummdinger 07-24-2018 02:03 PM

Ive tried every station in town thinking that was the problem.. using top tier now. I find it weird that when i turn my ac on it smooths out., doesnt make sense.

Hoff 07-24-2018 02:55 PM

My 06 is the same, AC on and idles pretty smooth. I think it is just nature of the I5. I ordered the Air Doc and AFE air filter to help out the H3, just waiting on AFE to ship out filter.

O7hummdinger 07-24-2018 04:34 PM

I dont think its just how it is. Some days it runs smooth others it will be smooth then i come to a stop and it has a bad vibration.. steering wheel all over the place because of it. Ive notice every now and then when i come to a stop or brake hard the rpms drop below 500, or the rpms wont drop smooth it will be choppy. Like maybe a throttle postion sensor but i think you have to replace the throttle body to replace that not sure. Correct me if im wrong. It didnt do this when i bought it had 107k on it then now its at 143k.

Hoff 07-24-2018 04:39 PM

Just about the same symptoms as mine, I have 52k miles on mine. I’m interested in the throttle body fix or sensor.

O7hummdinger 07-24-2018 05:21 PM

Its never had check engine light or stored codes except for the vvt solenoid and the thermostat... found out about the intake gaskets by checking the bolts, and most of them backed out on there own. So i figured that was what was causing the rough idle so i changed them, and it got better of course but maybe twice a day or so it does this... so one day i turned my ac on let it kick in and turned it off and it smoothed out.

O7hummdinger 07-24-2018 05:24 PM

Forgot about it but another thing i had to change was the plug for the map sensor because i moved the wiring harness for it and the motor died.