PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roof marker lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 05:20 PM
Default Roof marker lights

Hello all,
This is my first post on here
I just recently purchased a 2006 H3. Not all the H3's come with them but my hummer came with the orange roof marker lights. I looked everywhere for aftermarket clear covers to replace them but i can't seem to find any. Did anyone else attempt to clear them out? if so how and where can I find these..

thank you

Old 10-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Default RE: Roof marker lights

why would u clear out the roof marker lamps?[&:]

Old 10-27-2008, 11:16 PM

i have the clear corner and blinker lenses . i dont like how the orange looks.. any ideas?

Old 10-28-2008, 09:04 PM

I could be WAY off here but I believe here in California the front are required to be orange and the back red

[IMG]local://upfiles/1329/F921B74F2B8447FC904E7D755DC837CE.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/1329/9635DCA1586B40D3BF102314CF0671B4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-29-2008, 02:43 AM

In the US it is required that the front and sidelights be amber and the back be red in color. So if your going to get clear lenses it would be a good idea to get colored bulbs or LED bulbs to give it more of a clear look. When the LED's turn on the actuallightcolor will be seen. Also for turn signal lights in the mirrors it would good idea to get them red even though some companies sell them in blue, green, amber and what not.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:20 AM

In Maryland you can't have red or blue on the front of a car/truck, the best way around the clear lense issue is to do as one writer suggested and use colored bulbs, (amber that is)

On the subject of these Amber running lights, I just installed a set of fog lights and would like to get the two Amber running lights that go on the A Pillar, does anyone know if standard running lights will work, if not will the Hummer dealer seel just the A pillar lights for the amber light bar set, and if so would these be best to just splice into the side marker lights. This weekend a neigbor and I installed the Fog lights in about 2.5 hrs, as well we put on a set of Ready lift keyway levels, this took about an hour and half or so, it would have been quicker except for the directions being so bad, once we figured it out it only took about 10 minutes for the shock spacers, and maybe 10 to 15 minutes for the keyways, th eway this is done shuld anyone ever decide to try on their own, you jack the truck uuop as high as you can allowing the lower control arms to hang, remove the bolt that holds the torsion keys in place, using a gear puller take the old keys off, you will have to remoe the torsion bar to get the keyway off due to the gas tank on the driver side, once the old set is off, put the new key way on the torsion bar and set it in ner the fron of the vehicle so the key is as far from the cross memebr in tha back as possible, this way when you begin tightening the bolt for the keyway, it will pull the lower control arm down, the further down it goes the high up the forn of the truck goes, we got 2.85 inches on the fornt end, 8.5 inch fromboth front tires to fenders, the same as the back fender to tires making the truck look and drive great, I heard atories of how it can get sloppy, the one thing that might cause a sloppy ride is if the kit you buy doesn't come with the spacers for your shocks, I once heard of a guy using stock keyways, and just resetting them simular to what you would do with the ready lift, just turn the torsion bar so the key is up and use the bolt to pull it down. the problem I see wold be that spacer, of the shocks are adjusted to match the lift it could cause a sloppy ride.

Any ideas on where to get the A piller amber lights, and if the splicing of them into the side marker/running lights will work.

Ken

One morething, I followed the directions to the letter with the roof mount fog lights, and when the car is off the light swil come on with or without thekey in, what can be done ot prevent this?

Old 11-02-2008, 10:23 AM

I also meant to tell you check for the same clear lights under the H2 and contact the seller to seeif they will fit theH3, I've seen the lights for the H witha clear lense, the comay name slips my mind at the moment, but while looking for the A post lights I did see some clear lights

Ken