Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 10:09 PM
Talking

Yes, great info Doc. Wow, did I just necro-bump a necro thread? How ironic.

Old 09-14-2020, 05:10 PM

so, that’s how someone NEW who realized they made a mistake, correctly posted a thread or question is treated here?!?
GOT IT.
no worries....clearly you didn’t have the proper information to help hence the garbage you allowed your fingers to type out.

I should have expected this kind of treatment when clearly none of you are actual mechanics but merely shade tree types.

best wishes

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Do your part to keep the forums tidy, BEFORE you post, LOOK at the date the thread was started and the dates of the last few posts. Posting in old threads, or 'necrobumping' is generally discouraged in the subforums, since it can potentially create disjointed 'zombie' information; outdated posts with data which is no longer relevant due to the rolling nature of membership, changes in part numbers or technical service bullitens, recall information, part availability and sources, and combined with more recent posts reflecting more current circumstance.

"OLD Threads" are not weeks or even months old, OLD threads are 1, 2 and 3 year + OLD.

USE the SEARCH feature FIRST!

Rules of thumb

■If you have a question, start a new thread and link to the old if relevant.
■If you have something to add and judge that your information is related, but more up-to-date, start a new thread and link to the old if desired, but avoid duplicating effort by posting information already contained in the Archived Thread Section, sticky threads (at the top of the forum) and the old thread itself.
■If you have a version-agnostic or corresponding solution, necrobumping can be appropriate in limited circumstances.

Old 09-14-2020, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by AutoshopTeacher
so, that’s how someone NEW who realized they made a mistake, correctly posted a thread or question is treated here?!?
GOT IT.
no worries....clearly you didn’t have the proper information to help hence the garbage you allowed your fingers to type out.

I should have expected this kind of treatment when clearly none of you are actual mechanics but merely shade tree types.

best wishes
AutoshopTeacher, why are you asking for advice if you know it all? I get upto $120hr, hands on, with almost 40yrs in the automotive repair business. You are here for FREE advice, and have a problem with that? Move on grasshopper.

Old 09-15-2020, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AutoshopTeacher
GOT IT.

best wishes
I did post "proper information" in your thread you posted in the H3 section. Clearly you threw parts at a situation you did not understand, and now it ain't workin for ya. Got it.

Old 04-02-2021, 03:25 PM

Old threads still provide useful information. You keep regurgitating this over and over about “necro-bumping” but I’ve learned more from the old threads than I have from the trivial little NEW things the “experts” have us doing over and over that just lead us back to square one. Thank you for all that have helped along the way. Not so much the moderators. Happy Easter 😁

Last edited by Murray H2; 04-02-2021 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-02-2021, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Murray H2
Old threads still provide useful information. You keep regurgitating this over and over about “necro-bumping” but I’ve learned more from the old threads than I have from the trivial little NEW things the “experts” have us doing over and over that just lead us back to square one. Thank you for all that have helped along the way. Not so much the moderators. Happy Easter 😁
Great, you know how to search, and not reply on an old thread with "did you ever find a solution"?
Only exception(SAME ACROSS THE WWW): "If you have a version-agnostic or corresponding solution, necrobumping can be appropriate in limited circumstances."

Old 04-02-2021, 04:46 PM

Exactly. One size doesn't fit all. Glad you understand. Thanks for your help

Old 04-05-2021, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

The main take away should be READ old posts, avoid tacking on questions at the end.

Old 04-05-2021, 10:11 AM

can we tack on answers instead then.