PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio in H3 and Passenger Side Door

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 11:14 PM
Default Radio in H3 and Passenger Side Door

Has anyone noticed that their black paint on the radio controls is coming off ?

Literally, the black paint, where you push the radio pre-set buttons is coming off...

I plan on talking to my local dealer about this very soon but wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this problem?

Also, while I am posting this question, has anyone noticed that the passenger side door - the ajar sensor turns on more than usual? It makes you feel like you don't shut the door hard enough - as it will tell you the door is ajar and once you shut it again, the door signal on your driver control side will go off...

Just checking in before I contact our local dealer...

Thanks for the input !

H3gal

Old 07-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Default RE: Radio in H3 and Passenger Side Door

Definately sounds like dealer time on the door. I didn't even know the radio had any paint on it. are you talking about the buttons themself?

Old 07-23-2006, 11:28 PM

No i bring it in the door sensor could be bad or just need to be greesed
my radio fine but like every car someone going to have something differant go wrong.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:51 AM

I have paint coming off my radio buttons too. It is coming off mostly on the corners of the buttons. Although the Band/CD selector button has a spot coming off in the middle. It is defintely the finish that is coming off. Have you noticed at night when the lights are on? The dash lights shine through the places where the paint is missing.

I mentioned it to my dealer. He said it was covered under warranty but suggested I wait until it looked a little worse.

-Alan

Old 07-24-2006, 01:00 AM

Not that I know anything about H3's , but my 04 Z71 Tahoe did the same thing. It was a Bose system.

Old 07-24-2006, 01:14 AM

the buttons are fine in my h3,

however, my 2003 blazer xtreme, had some button wear on the 6 disker cd player, and the chevy dealer replaced it no questions asked,

Old 07-24-2006, 02:28 AM

i thin theres like 3 or 4 different radios for this truck. My nav radio looks fine.

Old 07-24-2006, 11:14 AM

Thanks Everyone, appreciate the quick responses!

To Linus: yes, the radio control buttons themselves (the actual buttons - where you put your finger to push to change the radio stations that you have pre-set into the radio, LOL) These are the only things painted black in my Hummer, the rest of the radio is chrome-ish...

I don't know the actual Model of the radio itself....

As for the door, yes, I plan on getting that looked at right away - - will post an update after my dealer has a chance to look at it, probably in a week....or so....

Thanks Everyone!

H3gal

Old 07-24-2006, 12:06 PM

The service guy said they had seen the same thing on a few H2s in the past. Mine is the standard factory 1-CD model (w/XM).

-Alan

Old 07-24-2006, 12:40 PM

Okay everyone, here is the deal...

I contacted the dealer and they are going to look at the door, replace the jack (recall item), perform safety inspection and change oil....

I told them about the radio...the service manager joked with me about GM telling him that the radio is doing this because of "lotions" people use on their hands and it mixing with the paint and the paint "softening" and coming off....YAH, RIGHT! Okay, so who here is a guy that puts lotion on their hands all the time?? (LOL, maybe I don't want to know the answer to this one!)

The service manager said, "Maybe you should wear gloves every time you use the truck and the radio" and I said, "Yah, maybe they should advertise the truck that way when they do their fancy commercials, that oughta sell a lot of trucks!" Gee Whiz, give me a break... <<sigh>>

Anywhoo, just letting everyone know the feedback. Also, the service manager said they still don't have the "fix" for the cracked railings...

Okay, still Hummin though....
Chow!
H3gal

Quick Reply: Radio in H3 and Passenger Side Door