PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

radiator crack... temporarily use stop leak okay?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by egroegart
I put plastic weld on the crack.
What is the full and actual name of the product you are referring to

Old 01-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Old 01-06-2014, 09:50 PM

I agree with what everyone else said. and if you can't find where it's leaking you can't fix it with that stuff. Can you ask the garage totell you where it's cracked at? or turn it on and look for where it is leaking?

Old 01-06-2014, 11:18 PM

ive been using the same "tube" with the Loctite name from lowes.
really good stuff.

Old 01-06-2014, 11:33 PM

Yep, it's good stuff. The preparation is the most important part. Getting it really degreased and clean and then scuffing it up a bit for better adhesion will help in making a better bond. It's not a permanent fix but can get you through in a pinch like this. But you have to know where the leak is coming from to begin with lol.

Old 01-07-2014, 03:59 AM
lvu

I found express shipped a new radiator coming in Tuesday and I'll put it in wed.
Bookmarked that glue definitely gonna grab a bit for future prospects!

I really appreciate the help!

Old 01-07-2014, 07:06 AM

Thanks

Old 01-07-2014, 11:42 AM

IVU. are you having someone put in the radiator? Please don't take this as a put down, but you said you don't know much about vehicles and working on them, and not even being able to find a radiator leak? Installing this radiator is not a simple job for a novice. It's not terribly difficult but from what you described, I don't know. Please don't take this as a put down, I am just going on by what you wrote previously. It's not just unbolting a couple bolts and sliding it in. It's a pretty big job, so hopefully someone that knows is helping you or you're having a garage do it for you.

Old 01-08-2014, 03:56 AM
lvu

IVU. are you having someone put in the radiator? Please don't take this as a put down, but you said you don't know much about vehicles and working on them, and not even being able to find a radiator leak? Installing this radiator is not a simple job for a novice. It's not terribly difficult but from what you described, I don't know. Please don't take this as a put down, I am just going on by what you wrote previously. It's not just unbolting a couple bolts and sliding it in. It's a pretty big job, so hopefully someone that knows is helping you or you're having a garage do it for you.
I was contemplating it first. I work my my motorcycles well at least the basics, but I actually was looking at it today and decided with the transmission and all that I volved I better not mess with it. Gonna try grab a friend and watch him so I can learn!

Did you ever replace yours? Which brand if so

Old 01-08-2014, 11:19 AM

that's good IVU. yes, If you watch and help someone else out this time, you will be able to do it no problem next time. but hopefully there won't be a next time for yours. Mine was replaced under warrantee, so I didn't do that one, but I have changed 2 radiators for people with h3's. I have no idea what brands they got. They were just some aftermarket ones. Honestly, I would not do anything until you have a garage show you where the leak is, or find it yourself. I would have to see it for my own eyes before I go replacing stuff.

Quick Reply: radiator crack... temporarily use stop leak okay?