Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Problems selling H3

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 11:45 AM

You can't really price out your mods like a dealer prices options on a new purchase. Chances are the guy that likes the 35's doesn't give a damn about DVD players and vice-versa. You aren't selling an H3, you're selling your H3 which is to say you are looking for someone that has tastes very similar to your own if you price it with your extras. Looking around at pics on here ad other sites it would be very hard to mistake someones H3 for another. Its individuality that makes your extras worthless.

Say 1000 people buy used H3's in the entire U.S. everyday. Thats 20 per state. Of the 20 in your state figure 60% are people buying DD's that will never mod anything. Now you are down to 8 potential buyers. Subtract 2 more because its neither black or red, now down to 6. Subtract 3 more because they intend to make mods for a pavement pounder. Leaving 3, which is probably closer to the number of people that make take a look and consider your H3 to purchase. I know this example is probably way over-generalized and is not intended to discourage or criticize you or your H3, but to give perspective.

For reference, I bought my off-lease 06 with 37K for 17,9k a year ago. It doesn't have leather.

Last edited by Widespread Hummer; 03-25-2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:05 PM

You live in Cedar Park? Have you seen the project truck cruising down 1431 recently?

Old 03-29-2011, 10:50 PM

I haven't seen it but I still have the H3 for sale. I'm open to offers. What say you?

Old 03-30-2011, 05:32 PM

Old 04-04-2011, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by HummDoug
I haven't seen it but I still have the H3 for sale. I'm open to offers. What say you?
Well..I already have one - but the price is probably what's slowing the process. There are a number of 2007 models, with fewer miles and nearly the same equipment that can be had from a dealer (has been inspected, oil changed, detailed, etc) for about $20k.

Also - w/ 60K miles how is it still under factory warranty?

Old 04-05-2011, 08:21 PM

Extended warranty up to 100k or 6 years. Good through the end of the year.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:36 AM

For some perspective, I just picked up an 07 lux package with 60k for 15.5. Gas is up and going up, Hummer values are down and dropping, at least up here in the pac nw area.
With any Hummer your selling a unique discontinued vehicle to a very small percentage of people who are actually interested in one.
I have a dealer local that had a nice H2, low miles and blowout priced I would have bought if it wasn't yellow. Sat on there lot for the last 6 months, finally went to auction.

Kbb is just a general guide, No one cares about extras on the vehicle and any dealer will tell you they generally hurt resale more than help. The market determines what people will actually pay for it and the market for Hummers currently sucks. I traded in a base 07 liberty on mine they sold it the next day for more than what I paid for the 3.
A base pos rattlebox 07 jeep liberty with a new sticker of 21k sold for more than an 07 lux H3 with a sticker of 38k, wtf?

That's the current value of H3's around here. Not that i'm complaining, let them drop i'll just add on to the garage.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by HummDoug
Has anyone else faced the problem of trying to sell their hummers now that has prices are soaring again? I had to go more economical and haven't found a buyer yet. Not even a nibble.
I remember someone else was having trouble selling theirs too. Can't remember who....wait-- I remember now. It was GM.

Old 04-09-2011, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by 08H3
I remember someone else was having trouble selling theirs too. Can't remember who....wait-- I remember now. It was GM.

lol Ok that is just funny

Old 04-14-2011, 07:36 PM

Just so you all know...I just sold my H3 for $3k more than anyone offered or suggested on this site.

I guess it pays to be a salesman or better yet, to keep up your vehicle so someone "wants" to buy it.

Don't lower the price of your H3 if you are looking to sell it. People "want" these vehicles.

Quick Reply: Problems selling H3