Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Persistent P0102 code

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2021, 07:29 PM
Default Persistent P0102 code

This code has been plaguing us for a couple of months. We tried almost everything and it keeps coming back.

It is hard to remember but it may have started when a rubber transmission cooler line sprung a leak and fluid sprayed all over everything. We have tried to clean the plug with everything up to brake cleaner to no avail. We had 3 MAF sensors all throw the same code, even went to a junkyard and purchased a few air box and all the parts to ditch the K&N filter and go back to stock.

My last hope is to change the harness plug but I really did not want to cut the original off.

Any ideas?

Old 12-09-2021, 07:57 PM

We do need to check voltages at the plug. Anyone know what the voltages should be?

Old 12-09-2021, 07:57 PM

MAF sensor signal shorted to ground or ground circuit problem.

Old 12-09-2021, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
MAF sensor signal shorted to ground or ground circuit problem.

Can you walk me through troubleshooting? We have a good voltmeter but don't know what we are looking for

Old 12-10-2021, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bassackwards
This code has been plaguing us for a couple of months. We tried almost everything and it keeps coming back.

It is hard to remember but it may have started when a rubber transmission cooler line sprung a leak and fluid sprayed all over everything. We have tried to clean the plug with everything up to brake cleaner to no avail. We had 3 MAF sensors all throw the same code, even went to a junkyard and purchased a few air box and all the parts to ditch the K&N filter and go back to stock.

My last hope is to change the harness plug but I really did not want to cut the original off.

Any ideas?
Did you try the obvious? CRC Electronic Cleaner? Spray a chit ton from both sides of the connector, let completely dry, reconnect.

Easy stuff...I would strip the loom covering off the MAF wire harness to the connector and follow it back as far as possible inspecting the wire insulation is all good, no cracks/frays etc.. If you find loss of integrity, you can buy a new MAF pigtail and splice it in with a brand new connector attached.