Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

P0449 evaporate emission control

Old 03-09-2013, 10:00 AM
Default P0449 evaporate emission control

I have a 2008 h3 with check engine light on. Code is p0449. Evaporate emission control system vent valve malf I replaces the gas cap and the purge valve that is up on the drivers side manifold I have reset the code several times. Still come on.

Need help

Don

Old 03-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Old 03-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

MOVED from the "Do Not Post - Archive ONLY" section.

Old 03-12-2013, 01:32 PM

Vent valve mounted on canister. Amazon has the ACDelco 214-2147 for $15.38, Free supersaver shipping when you spend $25.00.

#17 in diagram below.

Video on replacement. Take off canister and run hot water over the valve/hose connection, squeeze with pliers to brake the nipple off the valve, remove piece from hose, then run hot water over the hose to install on new valve. Mount back on canister and mount back on truck. GL

Old 03-14-2013, 11:04 AM

I just got done dealing with the same problem. i started with the gas cap also. ended up moving on to the evap vent valve selonoid. My machanic said there is two of them. he took a gamble and replaced one. luckly it solved the issue. no more CEL. i belive he must have replaced the whole part because the cost was a lot higher than quoted above. i might be totaly off in my explination however this is what i recall having gone through it. i hope it helps and i hope its not any missinformation.

Old 03-07-2019, 05:06 PM

I'm planning on tackling the vent valve solenoid replacement this weekend. Is there any concern about the fuel level in the tank while I do the work?

Old 03-08-2019, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
I'm planning on tackling the vent valve solenoid replacement this weekend. Is there any concern about the fuel level in the tank while I do the work?
NO there is not, there is no liquid in the EVAP system.

I am concerned that you dig up OLD Threads... why jump on the end of this FIVE YEAR OLD Dinosaur to ask a simple question?????

Please avoid doing this from here forward. Thank you in advance.

Old 03-10-2019, 11:41 AM

Seriously Doc?

I found a thread that specifically related to the EXACT issue I was having and asked a very pointed question that wasn’t already answered in the thread.

What does the age of the thread have to do with ANYTHING??

Last I checked these vehicles aren’t being made anymore and useful information doesn’t have an expiration date.

I would say that I’m sorry that causes you such consternation, but frankly I’m not. If answering my query is so laborious for you, feel free to let someone else do it.

Old 03-11-2019, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Sushi Boy
Seriously Doc?

I found a thread that specifically related to the EXACT issue I was having and asked a very pointed question that wasn’t already answered in the thread.

What does the age of the thread have to do with ANYTHING??

Last I checked these vehicles aren’t being made anymore and useful information doesn’t have an expiration date.

I would say that I’m sorry that causes you such consternation, but frankly I’m not. If answering my query is so laborious for you, feel free to let someone else do it.
Last I checked, this forum has rules. One of those rule things is to avoid digging up OLD threads. What does the age of a thread have to do with anything? There are many answers here on the same topics, some are correct, others are partially correct, some are BS so when you dig up OLD chit, do you know which it is??? No need to perpetuation what you stumbled upon. Post a NEW question and link to the old dog if you think it is somehow relevant or even needed.

READ: Old Threads/'Necro-Bumping'

Old 03-13-2019, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
some are correct, others are partially correct, some are BS...do you know which it is???
Faulty logic, my dear doctor. Your statement does apply - to ALL threads. There's NO correlation between the age of the thread and its accuracy. A new thread could just as likely be BS as an old one. Newness does not imply correctness.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: P0449 evaporate emission control