PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil change question asap

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Default Oil change question asap

I'm changing my oil today, How many quarts of oil is needed for this. The other question is should I use the factory filter orpurchase an aftermarket filter? I was thinking about getting Mobil-1, and the mobil filter. What are your thoughts?

Old 07-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Default RE: Oil change question asap

2 words for you. Owner's manual.[8D]

Old 07-03-2007, 09:00 AM

Ok, 6-qts. Thanks

Old 07-03-2007, 09:33 AM

No problem brutha. [sm=shades.gif]

Old 07-03-2007, 11:32 AM

Why can you people read over the forum a little and do some searches before you ask the same damn questions as 4000 other posts and threads have answered???????????????

For example https://www.hummerforums.com/m_72105..._/tm.htm#72128

Old 07-03-2007, 01:04 PM

Dennis, WOW,WOW. I know how to change oil, I read this post and I could not find where it said how much oil is needed. I know NOW. Why are you so mad? This is just a forum, you don't have to be a part of this forum if it make you upset. I'm sure in your town you could get signed up for a anger management class or two. This would be very helpful for a guy like you.

Old 07-03-2007, 01:21 PM

I guess Dennis' point here was there is no need to ask these questions if you do a little bit of your own leg work first. A lot of the questions have been hashed out over and over and over again and this particular one is even in the owners manual which should ALWAYS be your first stop for these simple maintenance questions.
Personally I think your anger management comment was unwarranted as at least I didn't perceive him as particularly angry, mildly annoyed perhaps but that's about as far as I'm willing to extend it. On the very same note, there is a Search function at the very top of I believe every single page here, it actually works quite well. And while I have asked my fair share of redundant questions and gotten ragged on for it because I didn't search for it when I was a newbie here I will back Den all the way on this. The search function should be your FIRST stop in looking for information. There is no need for 1239471289374 posts with the same crap, once is plenty. It's your responsibility to find your answers but we will be MORE THAN HAPPY to help you if there are no answers for your particular issue.Hell, we've even been known to go out of our way for each other to find them ... :-) I think that goes for pretty much all mods/admins/regulars who have hung out here for a while!

Old 07-03-2007, 05:47 PM

Personally I think your anger management comment was unwarranted as at least I didn't perceive him as particularly angry, mildly annoyed perhaps
Exactly..Thanks Nick..

Old 07-03-2007, 06:13 PM

Can't blame ya .. the first thing I thought when I read this post was "Doode, get off your behind and flip open that owners manual for crying out loud". I'm not much for spoon feeding folks because it only teaches them to make others do their work for them .. I'd rather enable them to actually FIND the information for themselves if it is in fact available. If not I'll be more than happy to help out myself, assuming I can of course:-)

Old 07-03-2007, 06:38 PM

Yes, I agree with Dennis, I managed to change my oil, figured out that i had to remove my skid plate, and found the amount i needed all at home, with my trusty owners manual !

here is a trick, there is this thing called a dipstick, it tells you how much oil is in the engine, and how much you need to add !

Quick Reply: Oil change question asap