Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Off Road Lamps

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2023, 02:39 PM
Default Off Road Lamps

So, I’m thinking of starting a new project on my 2006 H3 that I purchased from the original owner about 2 months ago. I noticed that he didn’t order the car with the optional Off Road Lamps thereby leaving 2 “empty” slots where the switches would go. I hate having empty slots! Must be my OCD 😆.
Here is what I would like to take on and looking for help and suggestions:
I would like to put the OEM switch’s in their respective slots and would like wire up roof mounted off road lamps as well as the grill mounted ones. I would like to use the original mounting locations. Suggestions on what lights to use and a “how to” on how to install them. Also where to purchase the OEM switches or the part numbers.
Thanks in advance!

Old 08-27-2023, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by paulattanasio
So, I’m thinking of starting a new project on my 2006 H3 that I purchased from the original owner about 2 months ago. I noticed that he didn’t order the car with the optional Off Road Lamps thereby leaving 2 “empty” slots where the switches would go. I hate having empty slots! Must be my OCD 😆.
Here is what I would like to take on and looking for help and suggestions:
I would like to put the OEM switch’s in their respective slots and would like wire up roof mounted off road lamps as well as the grill mounted ones. I would like to use the original mounting locations. Suggestions on what lights to use and a “how to” on how to install them. Also where to purchase the OEM switches or the part numbers.
Thanks in advance!

OEM switches are LOOOOOONG GOOOOOOONE!

Do you know how to use the>>Search function on this forum?
Start by looking at this entire thread>>>Advice Wiring Lower Grille Light Bar

Old 08-28-2023, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Youthful enthusiasm! Good luck on your project and please do use the search function here.

Old 08-28-2023, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Youthful enthusiasm! Good luck on your project and please do use the search function here.
Youthful my ***!!!! I’m 65 years old!!! 😂😅

Old 08-28-2023, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Of course, but you are a Newb (Noob, Newby, Noober) to Hummers hence youthful. I can call you an old fart if you like? Old Fart enthusiasm!

Old 08-28-2023, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Of course, but you are a Newb (Noob, Newby, Noober) to Hummers hence youthful. I can call you an old fart if you like? Old Fart enthusiasm!
That’s better, thx! 😂

Old 08-28-2023, 04:18 PM

Funny you guys tell people to use the search feature, but when someone does and they post a reply on that older thread they found, you guys get bent that someone is bring up an old thread.

That’s something I’ve never understood either? Why don’t you like an old thread to be posted on? This is the only forum that does not like that. That’s the beauty of a forum as it archives old history & information. But you better not revive that old thread or you get blasted!

Last edited by Nikal; 08-28-2023 at 04:20 PM.
Old 08-28-2023, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Nikal
Funny you guys tell people to use the search feature, but when someone does and they post a reply on that older thread they found, you guys get bent that someone is bring up an old thread.

That’s something I’ve never understood either? Why don’t you like an old thread to be posted on? This is the only forum that does not like that. That’s the beauty of a forum as it archives old history & information. But you better not revive that old thread or you get blasted!

Technology is constantly being updated.

38 iPhone models

have been produced, since my '07 was manufactured.

Old 08-29-2023, 08:35 AM

Old 08-29-2023, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Search means to LOOK IT UP and READ ABOUT IT. It does not mean dig up OLD Threads like you are proud you found it. This is NOT the only Forum that will point and laugh at you for Necro-Bumping.

Ain't no point in posting in a 10 year old thread like you are talking with those people that were in it and have never been back. You want to talk about the subject of an OLD Thread, post a New one and link back to it and others on that topic for current discussion.