PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

newbie needing some quick info on tps system

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 02:11 AM
Default newbie needing some quick info on tps system

I'm sure this subject has been beat to death on here already but I didn't actually find a answer after looking for a little while....anyways, I found a nice set of 20" wheels and some nice 305/55/20 grappler tires for a GOOD price local ($450.00!!!)but after i thought about it for a minute, I forgot I have this tire pressure monitoring system. so what do you do if you change wheels on these bad boys? I'm sure the light will come on but I found sets of 4 on fleabay for 100.00 bucks but do they have to be "programed" to your car and if so how much does all that "vodoo and black magic" cost at the stealership? thanks in advance for any thoughts or help from you guys!

Old 10-22-2009, 08:04 PM

Not sure about the price but I bought a used Hummer H3 a dealership. It had 265's on it and my TPS light kept coming on. After several days of checking air pressure I noticed in the door panel that the Hummer should have 285's on it. Not sure though if that is why the TPS light comes and goes. It's a possibility. I'm gonna put BF Goodrich 285's All Terrains on it sometime this winter.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:43 PM

programming is easily done manually. All you have to do is set the parking brake, turn the headlights on and off 4x via the head light switch. Then the horn will honk 2x saying your in learn mode, now for the fun part go to the left front wheel and release air out until the horn honks, then go to the right front and do the same, then right rear, followed by left rear. Now that you have done that reset the air pressure to the proper pressure and you should be all set.

hope this helps.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by bluavalanchez71
programming is easily done manually. All you have to do is set the parking brake, turn the headlights on and off 4x via the head light switch. Then the horn will honk 2x saying your in learn mode, now for the fun part go to the left front wheel and release air out until the horn honks, then go to the right front and do the same, then right rear, followed by left rear. Now that you have done that reset the air pressure to the proper pressure and you should be all set.

hope this helps.
Hmmm..interesting. I heard the re-programming was done with a meter used by your GM dealer. I need to get mine done.