PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New wheels and tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 08:48 AM

Please, do not take this as me attacking your post. Just trying to show that with a little bit of research you CAN find products MADE in the USA by companies headquartered in the USofA!

Originally Posted by mgoblue85
Don't look now, but the petroleum used in the plastics and fluids in your H3 probably isn't 100% domestic either.
Never said anything about the "parts" going into the product being 100 made in the USA. Heck, unless someone grew up under a rock they know that the "parts" to build just about anything may come from other countries. SO I don't know where that is coming from?

As far as the fluids in my HUMMERs (must be the "mom and pop bakery on the corner"):
Wolfs Head Oil, owned by Amalie Oil Company, Tampa, FL. A very well respected name in the high performance automotive industry.

Since you like statements about manufacturers, here ya go!

Amalie Oil Company was one of the original "Pennsylvania Crude" oil companies. Founded in 1903 in Franklin, Pennsylvania by the Sonneborn brothers, Amalie quickly developed a reputation for high-quality, well-engineered petroleum products. In 1953, Amalie was the first oil company to introduce a multi-grade motor oil: Imperial 10W30. Through the years, Amalie has continued to innovate with synthetic oils, high-TBN fleet lubricants, speciality industrial oils, and a technical services department and on-site laboratory that ensure only the highest-quality products. Our state of the art main production facility in Tampa, Florida boasts some of the fastest and most sophisticated bottle blow-molding, blending, and packaging equipment available. Located on a deep-water dock, and with over about 25 million gallons of bulk storage and blending, Amalie has the economies of scale to economically produce fully-licensed products that meet or exceed the manufacturers' requirements, as well as your expectations.

Amalie blends and packages over 3,000 different products in sizes ranging from 8-ounce plastic bottles through bulk rail transports. We ship products to every State in America and to over 100 foreign countries. In addition to our flagship Amalie line, we blend and package private label products for many of the most technically demanding customers including; many international oil companies, automotive retailers, programmed distribution groups, food and drug retailers, and mass merchandisers.

Our commitment to cutting-edge lubricant technology led us to product testing in extreme-performance competition engines and race cars since the early 1960's. Amalie continues to earn its racing stripes on the NHRA circuit. Amalie has a large and loyal following in the racing community and the knowledge gained there benefits all of our lubricants.

With all of the mergers and consolidations in the lubricant industry, Amalie is one of the few oil companies that knows its future. Amalie will continue to grow and serve its customers. Amalie will continue to be responsive to customer needs as well as new industry specifications.

Amalie continues 100 years of excellence with a full line of Automotive, Fleet, Industrial, and Specialty lubricants, that, since 1903, truly are...Better than they have to be!

Last edited by TAINTER; 01-14-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:00 AM

In the future, I will try my best not to p!ss in your Wheaties TAINTER. I understand the good ole boy "Buy USA" thing you have going. Unfortunately, I don't have the time or the volition to investigate every product we purchase to determine where the raw materials, labor and manufacturing originated from. Be happy.

BTW---your Amalie advertisement above supports my claim about companies being international. They IMPORT the oil to Tampa, FL (deep water dock) and EXPORT finished products.

Last edited by mgoblue85; 01-14-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:28 AM

"good ole boy "Buy USA" thing"? Like I said, not a personal attack. Seems you took it that way. By the way I'm pretty much always in a good mood, unless I am awakened @ 3am by a racoon in the attic, then it's GO TIME!

Below, I have given you an example that should be personal to you to show the effects of buying goods from other countries that you can get from US manufacturers.

Think about sugar, yep sugar! The "Thumb Area" as you call it is one of the leading producers of sugar and sugar related products. So, if everybody starts buying sugar that is made in South Africa (just picked a random place) instead of Michigan sugar the economy of the "Thumb Area" would suffer. Large sugar plants would close, then comes the small businesses and so on and so on... The "Wal-Mart" culture has spurred a "cheaper is OK" mentality when it comes to products we purchase.

I try to do my "small part" to purchase locally produced products first, then made in the USA (by USA conpanies), if I can't find what I'm looking for from those first 2 catagories then I will at least try to find something "made in the USA". Last resort is a foreign produced product. If everyone in America did their "small part" American businesses would flourish and the opposite of the above analagy would be true. The large sugar plants would need to produce more sugar (due to demand) and they would employ more US workers, those US workers would spend money on other goods and services in their area thus more small businesses would flourish, and so on and so on ...... simple economics.

I am in the manufacturing industry. Yep, we buy foreign steel when we have to but we try to buy US or Canadian steel whenever we can. Once again, doing our "small part".

Old 01-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Thumbs up

I understand. No harm intended or perceived on my end.

BTW---I hope the raccoons learn their lesson!

Old 01-14-2012, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by skeeter
it is leveled, and the nerfs are staying because the kids use them. I am gonna have them bed linered though.
I hear your pain! I had nerf bars on, took them off, listened to the wife and kids complain so I put them back on. Now after our first Midwest snow/ice, I rubbed my pants against a dirty nerf bar for the last time! They came off again this morning! I drive it, it's my car, and I'm not gonna have nerf bars!