PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Need help Please...Drivers window not working/locks not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 09:02 AM
Default Need help Please...Drivers window not working/locks not working

Hi all
H3 was dead when I tried to start it last night. My husband jump started it and it was the dome light...left on since friday. But now the drivers window does not work and when I use the fob it arms the alarm but the doors don't lock. Also when I drove it this morning they did not lock automatically. I made an appt for this afternoon at the dealer. Any ideas of what may have happened??? Would this be covered under my warrany?? Thanks!

Old 12-14-2009, 09:55 AM

When you start from reduced power, all sorts of things tend to go haywire - especially warning lights and electronics. Probably not a big deal, but good idea for the dealer to check it out.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:06 PM

Low battery for sure. What surprises me is that I though the dome light automatically doused itself if you leave it on, at least the manual says that and all three of my vehicles do have that function.

Old 12-14-2009, 11:15 PM

same thing happened to me three days ago, take a deep breath and relax! b/c it will be fine!!! Just go drive on the highway for about 10-15 min to let the battery fully recharge then the locks and the driver window will work again. The window and locks use alot of the battery's energy there for the battery needs to regain its' full charge before allowing those to operate again! So don't sweat it. But I was flippin out like you were!! haha

Old 12-15-2009, 02:04 PM

This is fine! this happened to me yesterday because i left my power outlet on. (powers PS2 in the glovebox). It started working fine about 30 minutes later. I thought my hummer was toast! no worries!

Old 12-21-2009, 06:59 PM

Thank you all who responded!!! I drove it for a while no luck. Brought it to the dealer and it was a burnt out connection I think in the door....tech says water gets in there and it just sits there and burns out the connector that runs the drivers window and the locks....had it replaced now all is well. Only one more year of warranty left....starting to look for an H2 Hopefully in that colr Silver Ice

Old 12-21-2009, 08:49 PM

I may be wrong but I have learnt not to trust a thing dealers say. I ran my battery dead when I was fitting my headrest dvd's one Saturday. I put enough charge back in the battery to get it started and ran the car for about an hour. The battery charged back up fully but if I remember rightly, the drivers side window wouldn't work, door locks wouldn't work and the check engine light was on. I read up on a previous post about disconnecting the battery leads, holding them together and then replace the leads back on the battery after 5 mins. I had never heard of this before but thought I'd try it. Well to my amazement, it was all back to normal and has been for the last year !Apparenty, it resets the computer.
Just my 2 cents!

Old 12-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by JensH2
Hi all
H3 was dead when I tried to start it last night. My husband jump started it and it was the dome light...left on since friday. But now the drivers window does not work and when I use the fob it arms the alarm but the doors don't lock. Also when I drove it this morning they did not lock automatically. I made an appt for this afternoon at the dealer. Any ideas of what may have happened??? Would this be covered under my warrany?? Thanks!
the same thing happened to me , i had fuse #8 and relay #68 and #77 and let it sit overnight ... while i was waiting i looked at the electrical schematics , and i think the circut is overloaded and this will be a reacurring thing for us

Old 12-08-2011, 05:55 PM

i think the circut that holds all the fuses and realays for the window and the power locks is overload , i know that there is issues with the harness's inside the door but if ya look at the elictrical schematics from the actual maunaul ... to me it all derives from the over load in the fuse fuse ... i could be wronge but i got tired of reseting and started to look for reasons ... any thoughts are really welcome

Old 12-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bustacap
i think the circut that holds all the fuses and realays for the window and the power locks is overload , i know that there is issues with the harness's inside the door but if ya look at the elictrical schematics from the actual maunaul ... to me it all derives from the over load in the fuse fuse ... i could be wronge but i got tired of reseting and started to look for reasons ... any thoughts are really welcome
Nice work digging up a TWO year old post.

Getting rid of the OEM battery terminals prevents voltage drops from poor connections and the problem will not reoccur until/unless your battery dies.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...bumping-23221/

Quick Reply: Need help Please...Drivers window not working/locks not working