PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Default My new lights

OK, just wanted to share the results of my Headlights and Fog (Driving) lights that I bought from Impy. Please bear with me though, I did take the pics with my phone on the way home from work (sorry). When I have a little more time I will run out there and take some with the real camera.

From the drivers seat going down the road.

A heck of a difference for very little money. Much better than I expected, the yellow tint to the lights are gone. The first time that I turned them on it was like daylight compared to the stock lights.

http://www.auctiva.com/stores/viewst...amp;styleid=69

Old 03-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: My new lights

I like 'em. The stock lights do suck......basically. Definitely a worthwhile mod!

Old 03-12-2008, 09:36 PM

these those street glow bulbs? if so, i want some! lol

Old 03-12-2008, 09:49 PM

So glad you like them!!!

Guys, I am now an authorized seller of all streetglow products. I'm talking to Patrick about possible becoming a vendor here but basically here is what I can offer all forum members.

On headlights/foglights I can get you all a flat price with free shipping...and a FULL REPLACEMENT LIFETIME WARRANTY!!!! Basically they will be hte last bulb you ever need to buy!! All other bulbs including streetglow bulbs bought elsewhere will only give you a one -two year warranty...I'm th only one in the world to be able to offer this deal on streetglow products!

As far as streetglow....they have been the leader in automotive lighting for over 16 years and are a manufacturer...they do not buy bulbs from the cheap manufacturers that other bulb companies use. Their bulbs are made to the same standards as Sylvania and PIAA...and thats how we can offer such a warranty.

I can get deals on anything they make just check out the streetglow website if your interested and let me know.

Rich also bought LED replacement tail lights and brake lights...they are sweet..can't wait to see his pics of them!

Here is a real good comparison picture of the bulbs in my Hummer...I took the HID's out and put these in for some photos

Name:  headlightcomparision.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  10.7 KB

the Passenger side is the SG Xenon and the drivers is the HID...can you tell a difference?!?!? The light color is IDENTICAL!! The HID does reach out a little further of course but for the price difference I won't be getting HIDS when the set I have now blow.

Name:  headlights.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  16.1 KB

Old 03-12-2008, 09:55 PM

ok i want some now! do i click the link above?

Old 03-12-2008, 09:58 PM

and they are replacements. not a kit

Old 03-12-2008, 10:01 PM

screw it. lol. im an impulse shopper. i just bought some!!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 10:03 PM

give me till tomorrow....I'm going to see if I can get an evengroup rate for my hummer forum brothers and sisters

one thing I will say...they make aftermarket wire harnesses...basically a thicker gauge wire and the plastic plug is higher temp resistant to withstand the higher wattage of any aftermarket bulb. I would definately look into these...they are only like $6 at most autozones or you can find them online. That said they are hard to find for the H13 that the h3's use. I was told by an engineer at Streetglow that they are hard to find for H13's because the H13's are newer and the stock wires and harness can withstand the additional heat with no problems. I would keep an eye (or hand) on the harness for a few minutes when the lights are first turned on to be sure. I had no problems with my truck and Rich hasn't had any either but I like to be safe. Also the gauge of the wirehas a direct effect onthe amount of juice getting to the light...upgrading to a thicker gauge will DRAMATICALLY increase the amount of lumins the light puts out.

Old 03-12-2008, 10:05 PM

LOL...ok

pay now and if I can get a better rate I will let you know and refund you the differnce. I'm not sure if I can cause the h13 and h11's are more expensive than say a 9005 or 9006. But I will try

Old 03-12-2008, 10:05 PM

Yup, I just pulled the old bulbs out and put the new ones in. Just like changing your bulbs.
Just click here:
http://www.auctiva.com/stores/viewst...amp;styleid=69

Quick Reply: My new lights