PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lower...yes, LOWER an H3?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Default Lower...yes, LOWER an H3?

Lots of threads about lifting H3s here. Anyone try lowering one? I didn't buy my 2007 H3 Lux for off road. 90% Interstate travel. I think because its the luxury model, it can be a bit unstable on the highway in curves. Even slight curves it feels like the slightest movement could would cause it to lose grip since the COG is so high.
I know..."whad'ya buy a hummer for?" I get passed by soccer moms in suburbans in curves while I death grip the wheel. It's not the driver either, I used to do sports car racing, so 160 mph is familiar territory...as is some pretty spectacular crashes.
The seat is part of the problem...it doesn't hold the driver in place well, so you tend to feel unplanted. So I'm wondering about putting shorter, stiffer springs in. I think it would be an interesting 'urban' look as well.
Okay...stop snickering. Any thoughts?

Last edited by stabwound17; 04-13-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by stabwound17
Lots of threads about lifting H3s here. Anyone try lowering one? I didn't buy my 2007 H3 Lux for off road. 90% Interstate travel. I think because its the luxury model, it can be a bit unstable on the highway in curves. Even slight curves it feels like the slightest movement could would cause it to lose grip since the COG is so high.
I know..."whad'ya buy a hummer for?" I get passed by soccer moms in suburbans in curves while I death grip the wheel. It's not the driver either, I used to do sports car racing, so 160 mpg is familiar territory...as is some pretty spectacular crashes.
The seat is part of the problem...it doesn't hold the driver in place well, so you tend to feel unplanted. So I'm wondering about putting shorter, stiffer springs in. I think it would be an interesting 'urban' look as well.
Okay...stop snickering. Any thoughts?

What sports car did you drive that got 160 mpg?

Old 04-11-2009, 01:20 PM

Cant imagine why no body posted on lowering an H3, but then i cant imagine someone lowering an H2 but for some reason they do.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:36 PM

Sorry, I can't stop snickering...
Really, it's a matter of preference, I suppose. Lowering a H3, or H2 for that matter seems a bit like chewing up your concrete driveway to put in gravel instead.
Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-11-2009, 06:33 PM

Yeah....SO.....

Old 04-11-2009, 10:45 PM

I'm with you, stabwound17. I'm lowering mine, as well. Did the off-road thing and have the pics to prove it. Not feeling it. Just not my idea of a good time. I purchased the H3 because I wanted it, not for the off-road capability. And now I want to lower it. And yes . . . I'm putting it on 24's. And I'm blinging the hell out of it, too. Know you ALL can't wait to see the pics!! J/K.

I know most of you guys and gals don't really approve. But I do know that some of y'all must have some kind of experience, or knowledge, to share with us regarding the Ground Force 1"x3" drop. Or just lowering the H3, in general.

I'll even beg. Please? <---- That's me begging.

*For those that can't stand guys like us that want to lower our beloved H3's, you'll be glad to know that not even the local off-road shop would assist me. Seriously. Emailed 4-Wheel Parts here in Austin at least 3 times now. No answer. I even called. After telling the guy on the phone what I was wanting, he put me on hold and never came back on. And they sell the Ground Force product! Most likely much to their dismay.

Just thought you off-road guys would appreciate that story.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by hollywould
I'm with you, stabwound17. I'm lowering mine, as well. Did the off-road thing and have the pics to prove it. Not feeling it. Just not my idea of a good time. I purchased the H3 because I wanted it, not for the off-road capability. And now I want to lower it. And yes . . . I'm putting it on 24's. And I'm blinging the hell out of it, too. Know you ALL can't wait to see the pics!! J/K.

I know most of you guys and gals don't really approve. But I do know that some of y'all must have some kind of experience, or knowledge, to share with us regarding the Ground Force 1"x3" drop. Or just lowering the H3, in general.

I'll even beg. Please? <---- That's me begging.

*For those that can't stand guys like us that want to lower our beloved H3's, you'll be glad to know that not even the local off-road shop would assist me. Seriously. Emailed 4-Wheel Parts here in Austin at least 3 times now. No answer. I even called. After telling the guy on the phone what I was wanting, he put me on hold and never came back on. And they sell the Ground Force product! Most likely much to their dismay.

Just thought you off-road guys would appreciate that story.
I had a SIMILAR problem getting my Rig lowered!!! It was even by a FRIEND OF MINE!!!! He owns a local 4X4 shop called JEEP DOCTOR, and I had to BEG HIM to lower my H2!!!!

Anyhoo.......I did the Ground Force Kit for my H2 and it's been GREAT!!! Have had it for 3 years now with NO PROBS......

Name:  Copy2of100_1586.jpg
Views: 8130
Size:  248.5 KB

Old 04-12-2009, 07:36 AM

Yo! Dat da shiznet! We hook-up wit da bitches up in dat n hed up da crib. Sheee!

Old 04-12-2009, 08:53 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by schmegeggie
Yo! Dat da shiznet! We hook-up wit da bitches up in dat n hed up da crib. Sheee!
Good one! Now i know why i dont watch Unique Whips any more!

Old 04-12-2009, 01:50 PM

im a supporter of lowering any kind of car .. hummer or not

i think lowered cars looks GOOD especially on large vehicles

Quick Reply: Lower...yes, LOWER an H3?