Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Hummer H3 VS 2001 Mustang Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Default Hummer H3 VS 2001 Mustang Convertible

Turned on my turn signal and came to a complete stop at a traffic light then started my turn and heard crunching and felt light bump. I thought I must have hit a street sign and or the curb on the passenger side. . I pulled to the side of the road and saw a mustang convertible on the side of the road in the dirt at the intersection.
I went back and checked if he was OK, he was. He didn’t see my turn signal and tried to make a right using the shoulder of the road.
They had to tow his car. He had a bent front wheel, bumper cover ripped, quarter panel and hood dented, and broken turn signal.
We looked at my Hummer H3 and just saw light scrapes on the lower passenger doors just into the clear coat. I looked under the Hummer and no dents or other damage. Took a wet finger, rubbed the marks and the lines disappeared.
Ticket for him, New door paint for me.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:11 PM

Photos????

Old 04-30-2011, 09:45 PM

I was in a mall parking lot at a stop sign and "we all know how small the rear window is" a guy was sitting inches off my rear hitch. I was pulled a little to far forward so i pop it in reverse so the guy to my right can pull out i move maybe a foot and the little honda prelude ricer behind me winds up completely underneath my rear end. I wind up totaling his car and guess what USAA stuck it too him completely he had to buy me a new hitch and spare tire it was amazing. The funny part was i thought i hit the curb. When my wife gets home il grab her camera and upload the pics. If they hit you on the sides or rear their vehicle is toast unless its of equal ride height. I cant think of any reasons to ever get rid of the H3 since they didnt make the HX.

Old 04-30-2011, 09:55 PM

No Photos.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:51 AM

That's why we nicknamed our H3, The Beast.......................

Old 05-01-2011, 10:23 PM

My H3 got hit last week in front corner of the drivers side fender (by the marker light) as I was making a right turn by a Chevy Tahoe. Luckily it didn't do any major damage except a bunch of cracked plastic parts:

Chrome grille, grille filler, bumper cover/filler, drivers side headlight, drivers side lamp marker and the drivers side fender Flare.

Estimated damages to replace the OEM plastic parts (including prime/paint/installation) about $2600-$3000 from the local dealership. I'm considering putting on something sturdier like an aftermarket winch/bumper like the ARB Bull Bar instead of putting back on the plastic bumper cover/plastic bumper filler.

Bull Bar/Bumper Product Images - Hummer

Any recommendations on alternative bumper replacements?

Anyone have a painted or chrome grille laying around that they want to sell?