PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to remove rear seats?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 06:33 AM
Default How to remove rear seats?

I really need more room in my H3, more than seating. How hard is it to remove the rear seat backs and seat cushions? What do I need to remove to get them out? Thanks

Old 09-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Default RE: How to remove rear seats?

why not just lay them down? All you would gain by removing them is maybe 3-4 " in height

Old 09-15-2006, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

I'm actually toying around with the idea of removing the rear seats also for when we move. You actually gain about alot of hieght in that space. I looked at how to do it. It is a piece of cake to remove the seat cushions. They are only held on by a couple of bolts that hold down the bars that the seats are attached to for folding them. When you flip open the bottom seat cushions, you'll see what I mean. That is the easy part. The tricky part I think is removing the the back cusions. I forgot why I thought that, but I know it involves taking apart a few more things then just the seats. I thought I remembered something with the seat belts. I may try it this weekend. I never use the back seats for anything anyway. In any case, it doesn't look too difficult.

The ONLY thing I would worry about are the holes from removing the bolts. I'm sure they go all the way through to the outside bottom of the chasis. You may want to plug them up with something, maybe some caulking, something you can remove later.

Old 09-15-2006, 09:42 PM

Just put the bolts back into the holes and tighten them back up. They will be right there when you decide to put the seats back in.

Old 09-16-2006, 01:39 AM

I want to keep an extra tire or two on the back and I want them to lay flat so I can put a cooler on top of them. Even with the seats folded forward i can not put a tire in the back and have it lay flat. That is the main reason I want the seats out plus I need room for all the extra water, food, and equipment I carry when way off the main road.

Old 09-16-2006, 03:14 AM

I never had my rear seats down, I put them down tonight to see what you are talking about and your right, kinda dumb design how they don't lay flat.