Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.
View Poll Results: A poll
For looks or Bling
10.34%
For off-roading
44.83%
A little bit of both
44.83%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

How do you equip your H3?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 08:43 AM
Default How do you equip your H3?

Just curious as to everyone's approach (nationwide)when it comes to equipping and customizing their H3s?

If you would like respond to this poll with your location and how you voted.

I am certainly guilty of doing a littleof both...like to make it shine and get it muddy/snowy. From NW PA.

I guess if money was no object the off-road upgrades would be king...those seem more expensive though.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Default RE: How do you equip your H3?

Im from FL andalso like doing both, but it is muddy more than it is shiny. Every once in a while i clean it up and make it all pretty.

As for equipping and customizing it, nothing so far (i've had it less than a month) BUT i do plan on putting bigger tires on it, then a Grill Guard with Winch Mount, i was considering putting a lift on it, but that costs so much money... oh and some more lights ( cant see anything at night...so that makes it kind of tricky)

cant wait to see what everyone else says. [sm=yeahsmile.gif]

Old 12-31-2008, 11:12 AM

Seems the poll function does not let ya vote (at least for me)...Oh well, guess that is 2 for "a little of both"

I have added some Billet/SS to mine and one bumper skid plate (but I think it is more decoration than function) and a roofcargo basket on the roof rack, and Definately am shopping for better beefer treads and alsofender flares, but I just put some on the Silverado so it might be a bit for that.

BeachBabe do you take yours on the sand down there?? How does it do?

Next purchases I hope to make towards the off-road capability side....winch would be nice.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:53 AM

Nice thread. Too bad the poll function is busted on the forum.

I'll put my vote in for a little bit of both. In the summer I rock the chrome and in the winter and spring I take off the chrome rims, side step and add M/T's for balming through the snow and mud. It's the best of both worlds.

summer
Name:  IMG_2412-1.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  71.7 KB

winter
Name:  IMG_4829.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  131.2 KB

Old 12-31-2008, 12:10 PM

Calgary, Canada. VotedFor a little of both but more towards off roading (RED)

Old 12-31-2008, 02:22 PM

ORIGINAL: H3inPA

Seems the poll function does not let ya vote (at least for me)...Oh well, guess that is 2 for "a little of both"

I have added some Billet/SS to mine and one bumper skid plate (but I think it is more decoration than function) and a roofcargo basket on the roof rack, and Definately am shopping for better beefer treads and alsofender flares, but I just put some on the Silverado so it might be a bit for that.

BeachBabe do you take yours on the sand down there?? How does it do?

Next purchases I hope to make towards the off-road capability side....winch would be nice.
yeah its been at the beach a few times, does great. i usually go to daytona and its pretty flat there for the most part, but i dont think it would have any problems in the big stuff

imjust moved from NC and thesand there is REALLY hard to drive in,a lot of people end up getting stuck...i have seen a few H3 drive right through it

Old 12-31-2008, 02:54 PM

That is where I have done all my sand driving, one week of it for the last 10 years..OBX, NC..but all of that so far has been is in my SIlverado crewcabs, with tires down to 20-25 psi, never a problem.

TruthfullyI may never get the H3 down there thoughbecause I take waaayyy too much stuff and peoplefor the cargo room of the H3. I figured it would do great though and you being from FL figured you had the experience of sand...maybe someday, Ibet the aluminum surf rod/cooler rack would look great on it...

Old 01-01-2009, 02:57 AM

Picked my Alpha up on the 23rd and decided it's going to remain kinda low key. Going to add the Predator Winch Mount along with rock rails and UCP. For performance an AirDocs intake with K&N as well as exhaust finished off with a PCM Tune. For tires I will probably raise the torsion bars and fit a set of 35" BFG MT ATs or Goodyear MTRs on the OEM Alpha rims (for road) and a second set of rubber on Boulder Accessory Beadlocks for offroad excursions.

[IMG]local://upfiles/4406/E8A2F3A6F40E4253A36101285A124DC9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-06-2009, 04:17 PM

i keep getting error whenever i try to vote

but anyways.. for me the looks are very important and SPEED
thats why im thinking of getting a supercharger

Old 02-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Default Off Road

My H3T is all about off road capability, which is what I think looks best.

I live in California 1/2 mile from a National Forest entrance. The wife and I like to explore the off road trails in the forest and to go out to the desert for rock and meteorite hunting. The most meteorites are where the fewest people have hunted.

Quick Reply: How do you equip your H3?