PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3T lift and other ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Default H3T lift and other ?'s

Hey Guys,
I am new to this Hummer thing. I SERIOUSLY want to get an H3T. A couple of questions though. Were the 2009 models available with the 4 to 1 T-case and the lockers or is it just the 2010's ? Secondly, when you crank the torsion bars does it limit articulation. Lastly, I would like to run 35" tires but I am unsure of how high of a lift is required. This vehicle will be used a great deal off road for play and work and it will require a compliant suspension. Thanks in advance for your time and effort. Awesome forum!

Old 10-15-2010, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome

Both 09 & 10 Adventure models were made.

T Bar adjustments do not impact ride quality, unless you go too high. EVERYBODY I wheel with has adjusted T Bars to bring the front up closer to level with the rear. No brainer. Unlike other GM trucks, the H3/H3T was designed fully anticipating T Bar adjustments and a lot of room for that adjustment is built in.

For the 3 millionth time, 35s can be run with the completely stock suspension without even adjusting T Bars. Search the threads here and you'll find all the info you need regarding T Bar adjustments and 35s.

Good luck on your search for a T.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:36 PM

Thanks for the reply. I used the search feature prior to this post. I know that the 35's would fit but I was concerned with the 35's rubbing at full stuff in the wheelwell. That is why I asked what lift may be required to keep the tires from rubbing. If a T-bar crank will allow me to fully compress the tire, I was not able to locate that specific info.

Does the Adventure model have distinquishing features to identify it?
Thanks again.

Old 10-15-2010, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Big Hurt
Thanks again.

Bighurt,
The best way to identify an H3 with the adventure package is to look at the dash right above the stereo/center console (the bar where the 4hi/low activation buttons are) & see if there is a locker activation button located between the passenger seat airbag activation button and the stability control button. See pic below.

Last edited by Bigunit; 10-15-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:24 PM

Thanks again.[/quote]

Old 10-15-2010, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Big Hurt
I know that the 35's would fit but I was concerned with the 35's rubbing at full stuff in the wheelwell. That is why I asked what lift may be required to keep the tires from rubbing. If a T-bar crank will allow me to fully compress the tire, I was not able to locate that specific info.
35's will not rub in the wheelwell. They may rub against the torsion bars at full turn lock, but only slightly. Torsion bar cranks are all that is needed to level the front equal to the rear. Lifts are NOT required !!!

Old 10-15-2010, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Bunger
35's will not rub in the wheelwell. They may rub against the torsion bars at full turn lock, but only slightly. Torsion bar cranks are all that is needed to level the front equal to the rear. Lifts are NOT required !!!
I believe you meant .... "rub against the SWAY bar".

305s (33s but same width as the 35s) and 315s can polish off a bit of sway bar paint at full lock, my 305 MTZs only touch the passenger side sway bar, the other side has all its paint.

I have a friend that wheels with 35s, he has never touched his T Bar setting from the factory, and has no problems. As Bunger said, wheelwell clearance is no issue, pleanty there.

Old 10-15-2010, 02:41 PM

Thank you gentlemen. I appreciate the quick responses. That picture is a great help! This info will help me out when the time comes to purchase. Now just have to locate a nice H3T! I live in NJ and haven't seen many. Thanks once again.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:22 PM

I drove 3 hours into another state for the H3 I wanted, so don't limit yourself.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:54 PM
Banned
Default if you get the page i had there are abt 40 h3t used vnationwide

file:///C:/Users/qwerty3/Desktop/Used%20Hummer%20H3T%20For%20Sale%20Indianapolis,%2 0IN%20-%20CarGurus.URL

maybe,,2 new,,maybe!
a lot of the luxury h3t have lockers,,u gotta check

Last edited by drtom; 10-15-2010 at 06:02 PM.

Quick Reply: H3T lift and other ?'s