PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interest Gauge: OffRoad Armor

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Default Interest Gauge: OffRoad Armor

Would you buy magnetic offroad armor for your H3 if it was easily available and affordable? I'm talking specially designed magnetic sheets that attach to the doors/side of the truck, and hood to protect from sticks, brush, rocks, etc when offroad. I've been trying to devise a way to attach the same thing to the fenders because they were plastic.

How much would the available colors effect your interest? How about price? What would you be willing to pay? I'm still researching material costs, and trying to get my machine to cut these magnetic sheets without continuously burning up the motor because they are so thick. One side would be magnetic, the other would be colored durable vinyl.

I'm thinking of offering different stages or levels of protection such as doors only, doors and hood, doors/hood/fenders etc. Material cost is an issue so I'm mainly looking to see if anyone would be interested and what you would be willing to pay.

Finding the right price point is important, and will determine the quality, durability, and strength of the final product.

Also, if anyone else wants to steal my idea....have fun because this is a pain.

Old 06-29-2011, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Draketh
Also, if anyone else wants to steal my idea....have fun because this is a pain.
Uh....

MagnaShields

Old 06-29-2011, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

Scott used to make these. They are a PITA. The edges have to be taped down to keep them from peeling off and to keep dirt from getting between the body and the magnetic armor and they don't cover 100%, it takes about 20 minutes to install and remove and you have to have a flat clean place to store them. These is a reason he no longer makes them.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:03 PM

Interesting, I wonder if I could solve any of these issues. I'm doing it as more of a "I have the tools wonder if I could do this" kind of thing.