PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 stuck to floor pans!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Default RE: H3 stuck to floor pans!

Lightweights...

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/m...t=P1030106.flv

Old 01-05-2009, 10:51 PM

That looks like a ton of fun!! Where was this? Didn't look like the front wheels were engaged...probably just an optical 'dillusion'!

Old 01-05-2009, 11:09 PM

is that your 3?
it pretty good threw that slop.. compared to the jeeps

Old 01-05-2009, 11:17 PM

ORIGINAL: veves

is that your 3?
Yep. It was nasty! It literally took 3 hours of pressure washing to clean it up! The main problem was the clay caked inside the wheels. It threw the balance off and I was 200 miles from home. I was the only person at the car wash in the pouring rain. Spent $18 in quarters on the first round and finished it off with my pressure washer at home. Was worth every minute! I may be 40, but definitely a kid at heart when it comes to my toys! Will

Old 01-06-2009, 11:09 AM

ORIGINAL: keystone

That looks like a ton of fun!! Where was this? Didn't look like the front wheels were engaged...probably just an optical 'dillusion'!
It's at Coon Creek Offroad Park in NE Tennessee near Dyersburg.

I'm locked in rear so both rears were spinning, but when I came up to the turn the tires were so balled up with mud I couldn't get any traction, with the front OPEN only the passenger side front was spinning even though both back were digging in. Since I stuck the locker in, I haven't thought anything at all about BTM.. Not sure if that would ahve helped any or not.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:23 AM

ORIGINAL: veves

is that your 3?
Umm.. Yeah.. It's mine.. That stuff was soup.. THICK soup..Some of the smaller girls in the group were able to walk across that stuff and not sink in..

Wish someone would have made pics of the first guy trying to get through it.. TJ on 31" Street tires.. He got about halfway before he was stuck.. In front, no winch.. No way to get the line of folks behind us to back up so he could be pulled backwards.. We strung a winch cable from the guy behind him OVER the top of the stuck Jeep to a ****** block that we got about12 feet up a tree and back down to the front of the stuck Jeep..

The guy winching was on 35" Mud Grapplers and bogged in about the say place the first one did. Both axles and diffssitting in the mud was just to much to drag through. The H3 with the IFS and skids dragging rather than the front axle and diff was just enough less drag to get through no problem.

Where I made the turn and headed up the hill there was a twist near the top that I just couldn't over.. All the jeeps walked it.. More flex up front to keep all tires on the ground and digging.