PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 problem, fluid all under truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Default H3 problem, fluid all under truck

Woke up this morning and saw some fluid dripping from under the truck, look underneath and their is like pinkishfluid all overthe parts underneath my truck.Talk to onstar and said they well have a tow guy come take it to the dealer, not to drive it. Truck starts,havent tried to drive it, can anyone help as to what the problem might be, I'm thinking it has to do with my transfer case, anybody know of any problems like this. Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Old 06-24-2007, 05:51 PM
Default RE: H3 problem, fluid all under truck

Coolant or Tranny fluid

Old 06-26-2007, 06:19 PM

Any update on this issue yet?

Old 07-01-2007, 09:05 AM

If anyone was curious as to what was wrong with my H3, dealer said it was a trans. front pump seal leaking transmission fluid, They replaced the trans front pump seal. Truck seems to be running normal. Hope this helps out incase someone ever incounters a similar problem

Old 07-01-2007, 12:57 PM

First time I heard of that.

Thanks for the update

Old 11-18-2014, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by blackstangs281
First time I heard of that.

Thanks for the update
I had a similar issue in August but it started off as a small leak near the transmission pan. I took the vehicle to the dealer and they replaced the transmission pump seal and torque converter seal. Just a few days ago I noticed another leak similar to the one that I saw in August and I took it back to the dealer on Monday and it's still there. The mechanic said the torque converter seal or pump seal was bad but he had never seen that before. I only had three thousand miles on the new seals. I think that General Motors needs to pay for this repair this time around but they don't know exactly what the problem is.

Old 11-19-2014, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Spongebob3971
I had a similar issue in August but it started off as a small leak near the transmission pan. I took the vehicle to the dealer and they replaced the transmission pump seal and torque converter seal. Just a few days ago I noticed another leak similar to the one that I saw in August and I took it back to the dealer on Monday and it's still there. The mechanic said the torque converter seal or pump seal was bad but he had never seen that before. I only had three thousand miles on the new seals. I think that General Motors needs to pay for this repair this time around but they don't know exactly what the problem is.
LOOK before you post. This thread is more than SEVEN YEARS OLD!

Please do not dig up old threads. There will be ridicule, scorn and displeasure.