PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 oil light

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 08:45 AM
Default H3 oil light

When I drive my H3 for more than 45minutes non stop on the Hwy and come to a stop sign, the oil light comes on with a ding ding sound and when I take off, the noise and the light comes away, I get oil change regularly, there is no leaks, Has anyone experience this?

Old 01-16-2011, 09:00 AM
Banned

just some q's
do you reset the oil change system when you change?
any other engine noise?

how many miles on engine?

in 18 months here i have not seen a low oil pressure post, but it sounds like it

is it the change oil light?

Old 01-16-2011, 09:10 AM

I took in to Pep boys Auto shop to reset my oil change system and they did, no other engine noise and I just climb to 100,000 miles this weekend. This has been going on now since the last two oil change in about 2 months ago

Old 01-16-2011, 09:53 AM

If it is the little oil lamp indicator, it indicates oil pressure is low. I would recommend a trip to the dealer. Don't want to mess with this.

(To reset the oil indicator warning...Turn ignition On (do not start the engine), press the accelerator pedal three times (allow it to come up and go down three distinctive times) and the oil life indicator system is reset.)

Old 01-16-2011, 10:48 AM
Banned

ahhh,,,oil is up to full huh?

i once had a bad sending unit,mustang.
gotta try all b4 THINKING the worst!

im thinking of adding a real gage where the sender is, with a "t" fitting like i did on fords.

a SW gage dont lie,copper tubing and all.

but it dont sound good, ok till hot, low when u stop,low rpm huh?,shift to neutral. if it is ok at 2000 rpm, then,,,u gotta think lo pressure.
then its engine time.
id go with a lo mile used b4 ever thinking rebuilding, too complex, too expensive

gud luk

Old 01-16-2011, 02:25 PM

That definitely sounds to me like it's picking up a low oil pressure event after the highway driving. I would take it to a dealer soon. Ounce of prevention vs pound of cure, and all that...

Old 05-21-2013, 10:26 PM

hate to bring back such an old post, but has any one else has this issue and found a fix?

my h3 just started doing the same thing as the OP...

Old 06-07-2013, 05:04 PM

My H2 just started the low oil pressure light up words as of this week at idle...has anyone found a real solution...the shop is telling me the engineis fine...
'

Old 07-02-2013, 09:44 PM

Same problem here. Any updates on this? Are all H3's vulnerable to this now? All my years of driving and building many cars the oil pump has never been an issue until now. Well, still may not. Can't beleve such a knowledge base as this and nothing more that being told to go to the dealership.

Oil is topped off. Only time it happens for me is coming off a freeway ramp to a dead stop or when pulling my (small) boat and stopping. I notice it happens most when the engine temp is in the middle of the gauge.

Old 11-10-2013, 07:56 PM
Default Same problem

I did a search and found this thread. I was on the 1,350 mile trip and the oil light started coming on in the last 50 miles. the last legs was 500 miles and only stopped for lunch and gas.

Oil looked fine. I'm going to try a filter oil change but this seems to be a problems. Engine has 130K on it.

I

Quick Reply: H3 oil light